Name that part 3.0

bobs409

Administrator
That's them. 2nd question: Can I get $500 for them? :D I don't think another person on the planet is selling them or at least I couldn't find any.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's them. 2nd question: Can I get $500 for them? :D I don't think another person on the planet is selling them or at least I couldn't find any.
I know the 65's are hard to get. However even those are not that expensive. However, there is always someone who has too much money and feels the need to redistribute wealth, so go for it.

bobs409

Administrator
If I send you a picture off of my 68 conv, of the install of those spacers/supports, I will have to get a commission when you sell them for the $500.:brush:gamer

Ok but if I don't make the $500, you have to make up the difference ok? :p :laugh4

Actually I had a brain storm and remembered those 68 doors in the parts lot were convertible so I looked at them and see the holes where they were attached. (I amaze myself sometimes) :think

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah Bob, I forgot about the doors also, but thinking about it now, the yellow doors were off of a conv. and I thought they still had the spacers on them, because the set you show here came off of a red conv. that I had stripped and then had to send to the crusher many years ago.

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The silver door (above) is off of a 2 dr hard top, so the holes for the spacer are not shown on this door,, however, if you check the yellow doors, you will see that the brass spacer is attached near the top of the door jamb, with the tip of the spacer pointing to the two small holes that the rubber bumper snaps into near the outside edge of the door...

bobs409

Administrator
I'll have to check those later. I thought this silver door was also a convertible. I guess those 2 small holes must be for a rubber bumper then.

I stripped out all the doors and didn't see any spacers but will check and report back...

bobs409

Administrator
Well that's weird! No sign of ever having them on these doors:

DSCN0266.JPG

The 2 little holes are for a rubber bumper. The middle door still has that on.

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Well that is weird. I know that those yellow doors came off of a convertible, but I just assumed that the spacers were there, because when I removed them from the car, I put them in the chicken coop, and that is where they were until we removed them...But just for your information, the 2 dr hard top, and the conv. doors are the same except for those spacers, and I am 99% sure that the door glass and the wing window frame are also the same...

bobs409

Administrator
Well that is weird. I know that those yellow doors came off of a convertible, but I just assumed that the spacers were there, because when I removed them from the car, I put them in the chicken coop, and that is where they were until we removed them...But just for your information, the 2 dr hard top, and the conv. doors are the same except for those spacers, and I am 99% sure that the door glass and the wing window frame are also the same...

I have the Hollanders interchange manual here and it's saying the door glass is convertible only but the wing is both hardtop & conv. The reason I thought the silver door was also convertible is I put the door glass up to the ones from the yellow doors and it matched. Will have to check that again to be sure.

Is it possibly that not ALL convertibles got those shims? Maybe added after production started? I don't know... :dunno