Name that part 3.0

bobs409

Administrator
Hey bob, finally got around to getting a picture of the door spacer on the 68 conv. This is off of my white 68 conv.

Thanks Mike! Now I see. This is the price I pay for never owning a convertible! :D I think I see dimples on the door pics above that might be there to show where to drill the holes. Odd that these never had them. So... while I have you here, any idea what these are? The bag said 68 Impala trunk: :scratch

dscn0185-jpg.57245

and I found an interesting looking bolt in the mix. 1-1/2 inches x 3/8.

DSCN0385.jpg

Maybe seat? Convertible top? Top of head is rounded unlike a normal bolt. Almost looks chrome but it's not.

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Not sure what the top picture brackets are, but I will look around the trunk and see what I can come up with. The bottom picture of the bolt appears to be a pivot bolt from the convertible top bows. It was chrome at one time, but rusted now. check the conv. top bows you have and see if it matches one of the folding joints...

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Correction on the above 3/8" chrome bolt. After looking at the 68 conv. again, that bolt attaches the top of the conv. top piston rod, to the conv. top. Thus, pushing and pulling the top up and down. If you look at the bolt closely, you can see the marks made by the plastic bushings that allow the top to move m;ore freely. Still don't know what the two metal brackets are for...I believe you have several power top pistons in a box, that may have a few of those bolts attached to the piston rod...

bobs409

Administrator
Correction on the above 3/8" chrome bolt. After looking at the 68 conv. again, that bolt attaches the top of the conv. top piston rod, to the conv. top. Thus, pushing and pulling the top up and down. If you look at the bolt closely, you can see the marks made by the plastic bushings that allow the top to move m;ore freely. Still don't know what the two metal brackets are for...I believe you have several power top pistons in a box, that may have a few of those bolts attached to the piston rod...

Thanks Mike. I'll take a look. That box I really didn't go into yet. Those other pieces are a mystery! They aren't very strong, just light sheetmetal and no sign of any paint. Looks like something you might find under the package shelf as paint never made it there most times. Maybe wire holders or ??