Name that Part!!

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey hey Boys! I came across this on ebay and wondered what it was? I now think i know based on the second pic, but thought it was cool enough to show.

Capture3.JPGCapture.JPG

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That just shows you how much less our money is worth, today everyone leaves all kind of change laying on there console or cup holder and no one would even think of taking it. That thing had a key to protect maybe $2.00 worth of change. Lol

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I lived outside of Chicago in the early ‘70’s and had to drive on the tollways there. Toll plaza areas had like 16 plus booths; some were attended, The others were exact change. You slowed to a speed in which you judged you could throw coins in the big coin hoppers and then you accelerated! It was like the start of a Lemans race with everybody squeezing from 10 lanes into 3 or 4!!!

:burnout:driver

bobs409

Administrator
As much as I hate getting inspections (and I only have the Jeep), I really don't see how all states don't have it. Most people would just keep driving and driving never maintaining their cars. The stupidity in this world is staggering. Remember, they are all out there and traveling at 55mph or more. :yikes

The states without inspections must have a lot of traffic accidents/deaths.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bob, you are absolutely right, and the State would love to create a new bureaucracy here to do that. Except for one small detail:

Many of "their" voters would be off the road, pissed off and unable to work, spend money or vote. And the underground auto shop businesses would be threatened as well.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
As much as I hate getting inspections (and I only have the Jeep), I really don't see how all states don't have it. Most people would just keep driving and driving never maintaining their cars. The stupidity in this world is staggering. Remember, they are all out there and traveling at 55mph or more. :yikes

The states without inspections must have a lot of traffic accidents/deaths.

Well Bob, Pennsylvania had 1,190 auto deaths in 2019, Iowa had 336 from what I find. How did the inspections work out???? When we had inspections they were a joke, you just needed to know someone to get your papers.

I think that a inspection for the car lags far behind having an IQ TEST for driving to reduce accidents.:dunno2:dunno2Mechanical problems IMO are not the leading cause of motor vehicle deaths.

Besides, I don't need any more government....................... :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Last edited: