Name that Part!!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have not lived in a state with inspections, and I hope I never do. I admit I don't know what they do, so lets get that out of the way. However I have a real hard time believing the inspections are of any real significance, or that they actually have a real impact on saving lives. We don't have them, however the Highway Patrol, and I believe all officers, can take your car off the road if it is deemed unsafe. Back in the 70's a dog catcher pulled my buddy and me over in his car. He cited the car for what he said was bad ball joints, and said we cannot drive it. We waited for him to leave and we left and never fixed the car because there was nothing wrong with the ball joints.

bobs409

Administrator
Well they check brakes, lights, wear in steering/suspension, tires, exhaust just to name the big ones. They look for damage or rotted frames, brake lines, leaks, etc.

We've always had it here, that's why it seems so odd to me that some don't.

Just glad that in this democrat loving state, they let our old cars have antique plates and no inspections! Although it wouldn't surprise me if one day...

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It sounds like they do more than I thought Bob. However, if the inspections are in the name of public safety, then why would "ANY" vehicles be exempt from the inspections :dunno After all, safety is safety, and 1 life is the same as 1000 lives.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
It sounds like they do more than I thought Bob. However, if the inspections are in the name of public safety, then why would "ANY" vehicles be exempt from the inspections :dunno After all, safety is safety, and 1 life is the same as 1000 lives.
Its the same way in Missouri, no safety inspections on vehicles that have Antique or Historic registration on them. Its probably because they know that these vehicles are owned by motorheads and driven so little that if they did require an inspection they would have a fight. Missouri has had safety inspections I think since 1968, I started driving in 1967 and they came out shortly after along with motorcycle qualification on your DL.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I guess I just don't like state or government in my life that much, or more bureaucracy. And if the inspection stations are like lots of the places I have seen, the mechanics are no better than the auto owner in most cases, therefore it becomes just another money grab and a big inconvenience to people. Again though, what do I know :dunno2

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I don't have a problem with car inspection's.:dunnoIt's the businesses doing them. I worked in a garage, when I was younger. Some of the crap people drive, would scare you.:dropOnce these inspection station's get your car inside, they become GOD.:bangPeckerhead Boys, failed my Cavalier, because they claim the E-brake wouldn't hold.:rolleyesIf the clown, pulled the handle back another inch, it did hold. I told him that, but he wouldn't listen. Brought the car home, and adjusted the rear shoe's. Brought it back, the next day, and it passed.:appl Did he think, I was gonna let them adjust them for $ 90.00 an hour.