Nastalgia Super Stock weekend

alloy409

Well Known Member
Ill be at York with Ron for the indoor show , and most likely end up at Beaver Springs on Sunday

randy k

We are going to this race. Going to York on Friday for the indoor show. One of our friends , Jim Zakia , ( 60's gasser national event winner) is being honered. Sat and sunday we will be at beaver springs.

Floyd Horton

Well Known Member
We are heading toward York on Wednesday and plan to be at Beaver Springs to spectate. Really looking forward to seeing all the Nostalgia cars.

randy k

Go to beaver springs website and email beaver bob, and ask him what day you can start getting there. He usually lets you in before the race day. We went a day early for the PA Gasser Nationals back in june and he let us leave the trailer there.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I made the tough decision not to go to Beaver Springs and concentrate on Wisconsin instead. Just to many things to do.

mike s

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Is any body going to this ? Sounds like like it might be worth taking a ride. Would not be bringing the car would possibly take a ride to check it out! alot closer for me than wisconsin

Last edited:

430hp

If you were never at this event it is worth the trip. York fairgrounds on Saturday has an excellent indoor air conditioned show as well as a cruise in, everybody's welcome, outside show. As far as 409's the Old Reliables 62 bubbletop and 63 z11 are always in attendance. The 62 Haden Proffitt car will be there as well as Al Loy's 62 Biscayne. Allen George will be a spectator for the show on Saturday and will be heading to Beaver Springs for a full day of drag racing on Sunday.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
If you were never at this event it is worth the trip. York fairgrounds on Saturday has an excellent indoor air conditioned show as well as a cruise in, everybody's welcome, outside show. As far as 409's the Old Reliables 62 bubbletop and 63 z11 are always in attendance. The 62 Haden Proffitt car will be there as well as Al Loy's 62 Biscayne. Allen George will be a spectator for the show on Saturday and will be heading to Beaver Springs for a full day of drag racing on Sunday.

How is the ankle doing Ron?

430hp

Doing a lot better Dick, thanks for asking. We set up today at York, hope to see you this weekend.

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If anyone makes it to Beaver Springs, tell Leo Sekulski that Don Chrobot says Hello! I'm told that Leo now has a '63 Galaxie clone of Al Joniec's "Peanuts" car FE powered.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
If anyone makes it to Beaver Springs, tell Leo Sekulski that Don Chrobot says Hello! I'm told that Leo now has a '63 Galaxie clone of Al Joniec's "Peanuts" car FE powered.

That's right Don. Here's a shot of Leo at Capitol Raceway Park in May of this year.

_MG_4081.JPG

Photo by Frank Coughey

alloy409

Well Known Member
Ron and I we'll be heading out Sunday morning for Beaver Springs ..hopeing for a good day of racing!!