Nasty weather

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The siren is actually across the street from our house. The Stucco exterior does a good job of keeping the sound down but my 20 month old has PTSD from the siren. As soon as it goes off he shakes like he was just pulled out of an iced over lake. We clap, play along and cheer like the siren is a party noise to be happy about. Seems to calm him down a little. We pray for them to turn it off whether its a test or a serious storm because it scares the life out of him. Out of the blue on any day he will bring up the siren and he runs and points outside and asks us where the siren is and tells us its gone but he is very very worried. Hopefully he will grow out of it soon. I remember as a little kid being scared of the TOMATOES that spin around when the sirens come on. I hope he doesn't remember how scared he gets.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
My grandson, had the same fear, along with another sickness. :eek1 We had a wicked storm, also one day. There were tree branches, all over our yard. My wife and I were checking out the damage. The sirens were blaring, because other people had damage also.:bang We could tell, he was scared. Out of the blue, he asked my wife "Grandma, are we gonna die":(He was around 7 or 8, at the time.