National Hot Rod Reunion

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Any members planning on attending the National Hot Rod Reunion at National Trail Raceway. This was held in Bowling Green but NHRA is moving it to Colmbus because it's bigger ( more money ) for NHRA. They have about 9 classes for racing and a very large Show 'n Shine area that holds 3,000 Cars. Sounds like a good time. Hope to see a lot of 348-409's there.
QS409

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm going.:deal I joined the East Coast Gassers and this is one of the events on there schedule. I'm looking forward to racing with them,,, they've got some cool cars... http://eastcoastgassers.com/member-cars.html
I know there'll be a few 409's running in Nostalgia Super Stock. I expect we'll see quite a few 348-409 club members there.

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
i'll be there in my big green 62 camper. by the way i have started to round up parts for a 348 swap for big green.i have a bunch of the small stuff, but i need a long block. you guys are a bad influence. thanks?

gearhead409

Well Known Member
i have been to all of the east coast reuions. wound't miss it for the world! our gang will be there with a black 63 belair.see you in the pits.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Hopefully!

I've marked my summer calendar with the dates June 15-17 2007. Is that correct?

I am hoping to be able to get out and drive the '62 back to Ohio to visit Mom (suburbs of Cleveland) this summer, and attend the Hot Rod Reunion in Columbus :).

Problem is I'll be out there (hometown of Cleveland) the week before for another event. Back and forth, I guess. Just need to find the time. Not much time to get the car ready, might just be a drive out the way it is...

Do we need to register ahead of time, or can we just "wing it"?

Cheers!

TomK

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hrr

Tom, I think if you register ahead you get a Dash plaque,goody bag and Free Barbecue lunch. You have until May 25th to register.
QS409

RPO587

Supporting Member 1
I'll be there too. I live about 25 minutes from National Trails so this one is right in my backyard!

Mark

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I sent my registration in yesterday, I'll be there but I cannot find a place to stay :scratch I may be sleeping at the track :dunno Who's making breakfast :coffee:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I should be there as well. I have a room at the Hampton Inn over at International Getway. I don't have my admission stuff yet and hope to get that taken care of Monday or so. Hey, Just thought of something...How are I gonna find everyone coming????? Just follow the a.m. gin and tonics :scratch :scratch I might just pm everyone to exchange cell numbers. Mackenzie I can find easily by his team's car?:roll
Robert

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just left the garage, bolted on the slicks this morning for the National Reunion. I will adjust the valves check the plugs and find some 101 octane. Let's rock! :beerbang

Update,,,,,,,,,,, Just left the Auto parts store. Bought new MSD 8.5 wires with the spark plug dist cap ends. I have had the MSD spark plug type cap since I bought the MSD ready to run billit dist but did not have the correct plug wires. Ordered new Fel Pro valve cover gaskets. Thinking about dropping the exhaust system to save weight. Sure wish I had some light weight wheels and front race tires. I'm thinking with some weight reduction I can shave a few tenths!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just got out of the garage. I made up and installed the new MSD 8.5 race plug wires today. They were a universal set. You have to make up the distributer ends including the boots. THIS JOB TOOK ME ALL DAY LONG, AT LEAST 5 HOURS :deal A 1/4 of the job was spent routing the wires. I have the wires routed toward the rear of the engine past the valve covers against the firewall instead of running them over the rear of the valve covers. I also did away with the female type distributor cap in favor of the male type (spark plug end) spark plug wires with the wire hold down loom.