National Hot Rod Reunion

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Jim K and other members: Since I didn't have a car there like I said earlier I was like a little kid in the Hershey Chocolate factory!!!!! I took 231 pictures. If anyone who didn't make it there wants them all(except the inner probably secret close ups of Jim MacKenzie's brother's race set up) please let me know. I would try to burn them on a CD if they will fit. Anyway Jim and others here are 10 other pictures that may be of interest to members without any comments from the picture taker!!! Except that I also like the Willy's gassers.

NHRAHotRodReunion045.jpg

NHRAHotRodReunion065-1.jpg

NHRAHotRodReunion071.jpg

NHRAHotRodReunion085.jpg

NHRAHotRodReunion099.jpg

NHRAHotRodReunion102.jpg

NHRAHotRodReunion153.jpg

NHRAHotRodReunion155.jpg

NHRAHotRodReunion209.jpg

NHRAHotRodReunion210.jpg

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks to all for posting those great pictures. Everybody run their normal times? Was Ray able to run under 15 seconds???? :dunno :dunno

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks to all for posting those great pictures. Everybody run their normal times? Was Ray able to run under 15 seconds???? :dunno :dunno

Yeah, Thanks for the pictures.:beerbang

I think everybody was running pretty good despite the heat. I think Ray ran 12.70 and my 55 ran 10.80 The W motor was well represented by lots of top racers. I got to meet quite a few 348-409 guys but the event was so big and there was so little time that I know I missed seeing a lot of them. I didn't get many photos but here's some of what I did get... Another car that was there was Danny Goveia's Carolina Thunder but I didn't get a picture.

Attachments

• 2007june16 001club.jpg
    2007june16 001club.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 2007june16 005club.jpg
    2007june16 005club.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 2007june16 019club.jpg
    2007june16 019club.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 2007june16 025club.jpg
    2007june16 025club.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 2007june16 047club.jpg
    2007june16 047club.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 71

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Final got home after being away for 10 days. I will try to bring you up to speed.
Left June 6th for Indy Good Guys. Arrived on Thursday morning. Tech in on Thurs. Time trials on Fri. Ran a 10.64 in 1st time shot. changed throttle lenght to slow car down for 2nd time run, still ran a 10.76. we had rain shower that afternoon and the air density changed. (there was a indecent that happen that would affect me for the rest of my trip away from home, will fill you in later.) Elected to put all the throttle back in and run the 10.50 "B" Super Stock Class for the Saturday race. Nostalgia Super Stock had 24 car in competion with 7 in "B" class. To make a long story short we went to the final in class and lost. But getting there had a .020, a .006 and a .013 reaction time. Larry Kaufman had a .198 light, but put a 10.500 run together for the win to my .013 light and a 10.667 run.
Sunday was another day and had to place 10.680 on the window for the day. Only trouble was that I had a -.041 in the first round for a loss, so ended the Indy goodguys show for me.
Onto the Hot Rod Reunion. No major problems to to speak of, but did have oil leak around oil filter adapter that had to be repaired on Sat morning.
Decided to try and slow Blue Screamer down to the 11.00 index so I could run in the "C" Super Stock class. Four time shots and I never got it close to 11.00. I believe there where 47 super stocks in the class.
Was able to get to 2nd round with a super run in the first round of elimination. Dial was a 11.00 had a .000 reaction time :clap :clap :clap and 10.956 on the brakes. to my competions 10.50 dial with a .004 reaction and a 10.414 run. I had the better break out.
2nd round there was 2 F**ds, 1 Pont and "one lone Blue Chevy" left in the field of chrysler products. There may have been others but they may have had troubles or issues. The guy I ran in the 2nd round put a .006 light against my .035 light. That was enough to put me on the trailer.
Had a great time meeting all the guys at Indy and Columbus. Hopefully will be back next year.
Allen

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Dial was a 11.00 had a .000 reaction time :clap :clap :clap and 10.956 on the brakes. to my competions 10.50 dial with a .004 reaction and a 10.414 run. I had the better break out.
Allen

I saw that time slip! :brow Can you imagine being the guy in the other lane ...cutting a .004 lite and still coming up short! :roll

Allen is on his game!:clap :clap

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Saturday Night Cacklefest

Here is a link to some film I shot of the Gassers, Altereds and mostly AA/Fuelers that were participating in the cacklefest Saturday evening. Someone driving one of Tommy Ivo's old fuelers (not Ivo) ran into the back of Garlits when he was trying to start the car. Big was Hot!

Click here to see Video

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Strange story!

When at the Hot Rod Nationals this past week, after qualifying. I went to the tower to have a look at the ladder. No biggie right? When I scanned the list I saw,

R Barnhart
GTOSS
A/SS

Well I says to myself, this is not my number and this is not my Class! I should have been ,

R Barnhart
F/SS

I went into the track office and asked the man, could there be a problem? He said thank's for bringing that up and he would correct it. Ok fine. Rode the Mini bike back to the pits and stopped at Denny Ford's trailer. Bomar was there and I told him of the problem with the ladder. Bo say's, No, there's nothing wrong with the ladder there are two R Barnhart's on there! :scratch Back to the tower I go. When I got there the track official I had talked to was looking at the ladder. I told him , "Not so fast" there is a snafu here somewhere! Back into the office. He get's the Tech cards out and goes through them one at a time untill he come's to mine. He pulles my card out and continues to go through the cards. Low and behold, he pulles out another tech card signed,,,,,,,,,,,R Barnhart,,,,,,,,,,:eek: I'll be darned if there wasn't another R Barnhart running in N/SS that day :doh Go figure? The guy was from WV. running a 1970 GTO, hence the GTOSS number! I didn't get to meet him and do not see a 1970 GTO in the pictures. Did anyone meet this guy? I'm going to try and look him up. :dunno Isn't that strange :scratch

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I agree there is only one Fatride:hug :hug I think I have the GTO picture in the background of something else. I'll post it if I can find it.
Robert