Need a liittle help from the higher ups

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
My way of thinking, if one was driving the car and you went to WOT the vacuum gauge would show some psi if the exhaust was blocked. :dunno

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
My way of thinking, if one was driving the car and you went to WOT the vacuum gauge would show some psi if the exhaust was blocked. :dunno
No , always a vacuum on intake James, how could it go to pressure when valves are sucking in air and exhausting. Since exhaust is plugged it cannot continue to draw air in and gets less vacuum.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Think about this Don, Carb is full running ok At a wide open throttle it would accerate to full rpm for a while till carb would be eventually running low and then start to lose power and surge.He is not getting max rpm any time..... The crack in hose would act that way, but if we're that bad I would say it would be leaking externally then.

Last edited:

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
What are you using for an air filter and how long has it been since it was changed?

TomO

Jridge1

Well Known Member
It is the stock air cleaner and is a new element. If the air filter was clogged there should be good vac a wide open

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
is this like the old bog but not recover. like when the carb gets hot? jim