Need a Measurement, Please

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've run intinto my second minor complication with the Pro-Charger mount. The mounting holes for the head are positioned a BBC, which makes sense, that is the kit I ordered.
Before I go drilling new holes in the mounting plate, I would like to ensure I mount the unit about the same distance from center as it would be for a BBC.
The measurement I'm looking for is the distance from the center of the engine to the bottom outside bolt on the front of the head on drivers side. I think in the mid to late 60's the power steering pump was mounted in this location.
Thanks in advance for your help!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I had posted a drawing from Allengrove components the measurements he listed were for 409 parts but the drawing was of a big block Chevy so I don’t believe for scale purposes that would’ve worked out correctly.......Maybe I’ll check Billet specialties for their true track kit

Last edited:

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I stopped by engine builder today and he had a BBC with heads on an engine stand today.
He let me take my measurements and I'm good to go. The lower right outside bolt is 8 7/16 away from the center and 6 1/2 above the center of the harmonic balancer.

Last edited: