need help ,,Quick!!!

37tin

A guy I've seen around here in langley BC ( Canada ) asked me today what chevy motor had big cutouts on the valve covers, My reply.. to adjust the valves so you don't puke oil,, and more questions and answers I made a guess, so let's just cut to the chase, a friend of his says he has a motor for sale all ready to put back together,machining done, wants to sell this1 of 3 motors for 1000 to carry on building his 58 Impala, I was out of my 37 in a heartbeat, no hurry he say's, BS , I wanna get on it before there gone, I asked about Intakes,, dipstick side,, carbs,, :dunno was the answer, 348? ya thats what it is, chrome valve covers also, back into my 37, home , and type this stuff... what do you guys think ? feedback please, I'll post more tmr, tuff day, its bed time:beerbang

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Buy it!

If it's a 348 block that has been machined, check to see what has been done. Bored, line honed, decked, that sort of thing. The owner should know, assuming he had it done. If it's just been degreased and cleaned and crack checked, that's another thing. Check the numbers on the block and heads and anything else that is a part of the deal and let us know. Condition and completeness are keys to value.

Good luck!

TomK