Need instructions (photos?) of installing a power steering control seal kit

lennyjay

Well Known Member
I have a leaking '62 power steering control valve. I see many different seal kits out there, and would like the best one to install. They range from 9.00 to 15.00. I did my slave cylinder with a Gates kit and it works great now. I have no break down of the control valve parts or procedure to do this. So, if someone has done this lately and used a kit (which one), please send the the info.......Thanks....

bobs409

Administrator
I think there was an article on one of the old Late great Chevy mags that showed how to do this. I believe they had one for the steering box, cylinder, control valve and pump each in a different issue.

My mags are buried right now, maybe someone with easy access can locate the issues.

lennyjay

Well Known Member
Yes, I saw it was written Aug of 85. I went to the Late Great site but it not there. Still searching....

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
As Cecil posted, the 61 shop manual has the rebuild info with pictures. I think the seal kit I used last year for my control valve was from Omega. Picked it up at a local auto parts store. No leaks.

lennyjay

Well Known Member
Thanks for the help. I will look for the Omega kit. I want a good kit (real rubber seals) to go in and not have to redo 6 months later.