Never a Good Thing

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Edelbrock 750s with .113 jets but it didn't matter! I have found out the secondary side is restricted. They come with .107 jets but you could take them out and it still wouldn't flow any more fuel. The passage in the booster is .107 and the emulsion tube is even smaller than that! I have done the proper modifications now so fuel shouldn't be a problem. Now to get it together and on a dyno.

de31168

Well Known Member
Good luck with your dyno results! I was just curious because we could never get the C16 to burn. It was always too rich so i am shocked you are lean with it. It seemed for us the switch to C14 helped tremendously. You certainly have an interesting scenario going on, but hopefully they get it figured out on the dyno and you go straight to the 10.30s.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Edelbrock 750s with .113 jets but it didn't matter! I have found out the secondary side is restricted. They come with .107 jets but you could take them out and it still wouldn't flow any more fuel. The passage in the booster is .107 and the emulsion tube is even smaller than that! I have done the proper modifications now so fuel shouldn't be a problem. Now to get it together and on a dyno.
I noticed the same senario when I ran the 750 edelbrocks, did the enlargening of booster passage, and modified the emolsion tube so the only restriction would be the jet. Used VP 's Q-16 , very corrosive fuel. Jet size would scare you. Edelbrocks biggest jet was not big enough.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'll look into c14. I can't believe edelbrock would make such a carburetor. From my understanding the carter 750 was better. I removed the .073 restriction on the emulsion tube, enlarged the passage in the booster to .119 and shrunk the air bleed from .040 to .026. Hope it's enough!

de31168

Well Known Member
I noticed the same senario when I ran the 750 edelbrocks, did the enlargening of booster passage, and modified the emolsion tube so the only restriction would be the jet. Used VP 's Q-16 , very corrosive fuel. Jet size would scare you. Edelbrocks biggest jet was not big enough.

Yes but the Q16 is a whole different animal being oxygenated. The procedures to use that doesn't seem worth the benefits.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'll look into c14. I can't believe edelbrock would make such a carburetor. From my understanding the carter 750 was better. I removed the .073 restriction on the emulsion tube, enlarged the passage in the booster to .119 and shrunk the air bleed from .040 to .026. Hope it's enough!
I did a little research when I bought my Carter Competition series carbs, that's why I bought them. Just better. A bunch of info on the Eddy products just don't sound good.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Not that this will help with the rings butting together.
I thought it was always hard to square the rings in the cylinder to check ring gap so I made this handy tool for the job.
Made this out of a balancer off of something that was laying in the scrap pile.
20180504_102122 (2).jpg
20180504_102142 (2).jpg