Never Seen One of These Before

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The engine looks to be pre 68 small block,the trans is 69 up th350.I've never seen that type of transfer case or that type of 4wd conversion.I'd guess that it was some kind of aftermarket conversion.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob might be right, looking at the underside appears to be similar to a pickup box or van. Wasn't there a few 4wd Chevy vans back in the 60's?

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I've seen a few of this design on ford vans, didnt last for long, must have been a poor design. but it gave you 4 wheel drive :scratch

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There was some pre war DAF's with something similar, however that is not one of them. What ever it is, someone come up with it. It's driving me crazy.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
It's a rolled over Ford(best kind, LOL) with one of there "better ideas" four wheel drive/independent front suspension. :laughing

"That's not a Ford guys.Look closer.Ford never had that design frt.end,never had the oil filter in that location,never had a TH350 transmission.That thing is a converted Chevy or GMC."
Ooops, :hide:back Thanks for the correction Don. :D

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've seen a couple in person. One guy was trying to use his as a serious 4x4. Kind of a joke because not built heavy duty enough. The other was in a junk yard. Crushed long ago. I'm surprised any made it to production but some did.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
VEMCO V DRIVE SYSTEM So I read the article with a picture of that particular truck in it, they put them in Ford Econo Lines, wagons, chevy trucks and dodge trucks...Looked at the pictures and read the article!
Thanks IMBVSUR!!!