New 348 build, stroke or no stroke??? 333 heads, single notch truck block

Esetzer

got my 60 over forged pistons in. Block was finish honed. 10/10 409 Crank is being balanced currently with the forged eagle rods. Heads are almost finished being ported/polished with new stainless valves and hardened seats installed. Edle intake is being ported and matched to the heads to. All porting and shop work is being done by Larry Ofria from Valley head service. just waiting on the Custom Cam shaft from Lunati now, and making it a full roller motor. Looking FWD to this one...

Attachments

• DSC03576.jpg
    DSC03576.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC03578.jpg
    DSC03578.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC03580.jpg
    DSC03580.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 28

Jeffrey Osstyn

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I would be interested to know what the actual static CR is with your parts, but would require a mock up of one piston and then measured cc's of head (after port work) and cylinder. Is this in your plans?

Jeffrey Osstyn

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
got my 60 over forged pistons in. Block was finish honed. 10/10 409 Crank is being balanced currently with the forged eagle rods. Heads are almost finished being ported/polished with new stainless valves and hardened seats installed. Edle intake is being ported and matched to the heads to. All porting and shop work is being done by Larry Ofria from Valley head service. just waiting on the Custom Cam shaft from Lunati now, and making it a full roller motor. Looking FWD to this one...
Could you tell me what the weight of one of these pistons is? Thanks!

Dave Adams

I was hoping you'd chime in Don. :) with the 409 stock crank.... will there be block clearance issues other than needing to run a 409 oil pan? Other mods to make? 450 ftlb definitely is putting "fun" into driving it... I just dont want to over stroke, under head flow, do useless mods..... I just want a nice, reliable engine that will make the c-10 get down the road time to time between it being my daily grocery getter. :)