New 64 Impala Build

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Nice looking 64 Belvedere[for a moped anyway].That was the type of hood scoop I was thinking of for the cross ram.Your two Chevys look wonderful,congrats.

Thanks a bunch Don....Well keep posting the progress notes....

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hope everyone's enjoying their weekends and 4th!!! Couple updates.

Were making progress and gotta say the car could have been patched because its super solid but wanted to do things right and we used full pans. It was a pain in the rear to remove all the spot welds and put in the pans, but a couple days of persistence, and were almost there. Were gonna use seam sealer to meet up with the proper spots, then paint the entire underside. Avery ans Avex took off with the welding once we did a couple test spots. Having a lot of fun, filling a few holes along the way too....:laugh

Hannah is moving on to the paint which is next.....

Attachments

• IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0738.JPG
    IMG_0738.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0743.JPG
    IMG_0743.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0748.JPG
    IMG_0748.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 5

No409

Supporting Member 1
that must make you so proud that your kids like helping out. I know my daughter will be growing up around 50`s and 60`s chevys, and i hope she enjoys them as much as i do

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
As Tom said, you have a lot to be proud of there Plum!! The car is cool! The family is what life is all about! You're using the car to build memories the kids will have all their lives! :clap:clap

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks guys, were very lucky:D to have a great pit crew.... The boys are trying to kick off a small restoration service to save up for their own cars. Alex wants a 62 c-10 I think to start on, Avery is a Impala fan. Anyone looking for help with things on the east coast, let them know, their pinning their eyes on Brian!!!....Hannah and Cameron, well they just want their $2 pr hr to buy candy for now hahaha.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Kurt, you can send Avery and Alex down to Texas to help me out. I'm letting another employee go tomorrow because they say they can do the work but when it comes down to it they don't have a clue!
Awesome progress and great job! :cheers

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm with you there Andy:clap. Kurt, I have the 58 pick-up on the way down to NZ anytime soon so if the boys are looking a great holiday spot just give me a call and I'll be sure to put them to work, ooppss I mean show them around this great rocking island:laugh.
Car looks as if it's coming along nicely too.

Gav