New blower intake?

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Top one from Ebay costs $1550. How much for the other one? Is there a difference like one is street and the other is competition?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Jack Gibbs built a 730 plus hp.,440 inch blown street engine for a customer using the McQuillian intake[2nd pic] and has very high praise for them.

Last edited:

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I think both intakes are about the same price. (maybe $100 difference) If that top one is a bolt on to a 2x4 intake than there's no question on which one to buy.
My vote would be the McQuillian intake. Even if the McQuillian intake was $1750 or $1850, I would still pick the McQuillian intake simply because it looks so much better.
I don't own one but I would assume it preforms better too. The intake listed on eBay looks like a after thought. It really does look like a blower intake plate bolted to a two 4 intake manifold.
Maybe its the way the picture was taken but for $1550 it better look good and perform! Just my 2 cents.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I have an Offy intake modified by Don Hampton for my blower motor. It does the job. The same idea as the first one. The second one looks cleaner in my opinion. My mild 380 made 550 horse and 530 torque without breaking a sweat, so the Hampton intake works too.