New build 62 Impala SS

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Been doing a lot of grinding and scraping on the old 62 frame, finally painted it today, looks good, I sent most of my
frame parts out to get blasted so they should be back this week. T0re b0th 327 down, and one looks bad, froze, but the other , you can turn freely with just your hand on the fly wheel, hope that's a good sign. :cheers

Attachments

• 100_3244.JPG
    100_3244.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_3243.JPG
    100_3243.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_3242.JPG
    100_3242.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_3241.jpg
    100_3241.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_3238.JPG
    100_3238.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_3237.JPG
    100_3237.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 41

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
As I thought, the machinst just laughed at the rusty old one and asked if it was used for a boat anchor. The other was a
good one, he is going to put a RV cam in it, hardened value seats, 30 over, do the 462 heads, should be fine, a little cheaper than the 409 motor, about 2 grand for this one. :drunkI'll drink to that.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Did you see what I sent you in a e-mail on the 461 double hump heads?
Paul

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I did get your email Paul, and returned one to you. Anyone have the numbers for the 2-1/2 ram horn exhaust manifolds for the 327. A good cruising gear would be what? with a automatic power-glide, but still give you some Getty up.?:burnout

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Had some luck come my way today, the day after taking my 327 to the machinist, my friend called me up and said,
he had a completely rebuilt 350, ready to drop in, he only wanted 800.00. So I Called the machinist, and he said no problems took him a 12 pack of fancy donuts Today.

Also had some bad luck today, I have had my hood pop open to the first catch a few times, so I took it a part and re-adjusted the spring, closed the hood.......:pan, now it won't open, and after 5 hrs of taking the front end apart, at midnight its back together and ready for tomorrows car show. This wouldn't be quite so bad, but.. I had to go into the house and ask my wife if she could come out and help me get this hood opened.....:cry she's the mechanic.

Ok let the hits start coming..... I have to go now, I was told to go do the dishes. cash down and out.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks Gav, I'm way over my head on this one, but what the hell. I've got the frame painted, and now starting to put
it back together, I tried to install all bushings but just didn't have the right tools, I see now that RideTech has a neat
set of bushing install and remove tool, 100.00, should have seen it a few days ago, I finally took mine up to the
tire guy, should get them back tomorrow. I have one hell of a lot of floor work to do, which is something I've never
tackled before, hey what's a few more holes. I did get the car off the blocks and onto the rotisserie, which I can push
in the garage as soon as it starts its winter rain season, the frame should be done, and it can go into the trailer.

These are the pictures taken at the car show a couple weeks ago, as. you can see the hood is open...... lol, it was
a gorgeous day, on a great grassy field, about 220 cars, and only 4 miles from the house.

Attachments

• 100_3265.JPG
    100_3265.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_3264.jpg
    100_3264.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_3253 2.JPG
    100_3253 2.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_3248.JPG
    100_3248.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_3244.JPG
    100_3244.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Had to ask the bride if I could use her outside clothes dryer to hang a few of my private's on, I was surprised she said yes. Barry has been busy painting cars, he's done a 69 corvette, 73 Opel, 67 chevelle, another 67 chevelle, is now doing a 62 corvette. He does help me with any patch work needed on the fenders etc. and is always willing to help when asked. Im trying to do as much as I can myself, but I have many friends that help with small things, guide me, except to the find beer section, :beer I know how to do that myself. lol. thanks for the words of wisdom. :salute

Tomorrow I'll pickup all the things I need for the brakes, pickup my a-arms, rear control arms. I spent quite a few hrs
today on the wire wheel buffing up the gas lines, 3/8", they were in great shape, shined up good, and I'll give them a nice coat of silver paint to protect them. They had a different and funny looking connecting end on them, I'll send a picture
tomorrow and see if anyone has seen these before. Stump the 62 "boys" game. As they use to say, later gator... cash

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ok, now how many times has this happened to you?....:furious When I took my a-arms in, they were painted and ready for the new bushings, I had bought those too, the guy said, great, this was on Thurs. he said" they'll be ready Sat afternoon.
I called today, Yep... not ready, oh... they be ready next Wed. Im kind of the type when you say Sat. it should be Sat. not next Wed. Maybe when I pick them up I'll say, oh... I'll pay you next Wed. :lmao

Ok here's the picture of my gas line, I've only done 2 - 1962 Chevy's , real pro.. what is this , it came out of the
SS car I just bought. Any idea's. Its the one in the middle of the orange jack stand.

Attachments

• 100_3283.jpg
    100_3283.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
La Hot Rods.... :appl:winner I've only have had a 4spd so I would have never guessed that. Would that then go
up to the radiator?, The car didn't come with a rad. Thats so funny, guess you just won 1st Place in "stump 62" guys.:4th2