New build 62 Impala SS

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Its a 63 Parisienne Cash, I am likely not as good at body work as you, I can take things apart and put them back together, body work is done by others. The first 62 I had I sold after I found my second 62. When I sold my first one, I advertised it as having no engine, transmission, needing floors, rockers, rear quarters, hood, trunk lid, trunk needed work, interior was toast, etc. I thought Phil would buy it.:D It was an original 283 powerglide car with Canadian paperwork and a good title, original was Ermine white, red interior. I sold it to an optimist in Helsinki, Finland.

The second 62 was a 6 cylinder PG, green in and out, I put a 409 in it and a 4 speed and drove it a bit, but while it looked good, it needed almost as much work as the first one, if you got serious about it. Then found the Pontiac and sold the 62 to an optimist is New Zealand. It went with a seized 348 and a shell of a 4 speed plus bell housing (enough to hold up the 348). I had redone the brakes, front springs, new wiring harnesses, etc. but decided I didn't have room in my wallet or garage for a 3 or 4 year frame off. The Corvette had given me a lot of experience with a frame off.

The Pontiac was very solid body wise and the 409 was the correct one for the car so I now have a driver that I don't mind getting scratched, etc. so I enjoy it a lot.

I can tell you are an optimist too, wading into another 62 full bore. Hope your health issues work out OK and you can continue the restoration journey.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Took a trip over to my friends place today, "Denis The Menise", he has the 55 G gasser, he just happen to have the
bottom part of the air cleaner I needed....traded a case of NA Coors for it... not a bad deal. Guess its time to head out
to the garage and do some damage, pictures later.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
No there from an 1972 -350 motor I bought, still have the 327 on hold, bought some intake manifolds yesterday, but
not what I really want either, their nice smog type 1966-67 corvette style, # 3872778 -3872765. What Im looking for is
the 2/ 1/2" # 3797901-902 You know how it goes, buy one thing, sell it buy another to take it place.100_3449.jpg

Attachments

• 100_3450.jpg
    100_3450.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
IMG_0006-002.JPGIMG_0011-002.JPG

Like these 3 original 62/63 used 2 1/2 inch used manifolds (top picture) one is a factory air manifold
or these NOS 2 1/2 inch manifolds ?
Paul

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
yep thats the ones Paul, the main reason for buying the 2 - 1/2" is I got a great deal on a nice set of almost new exhaust
system that is 2-1/2" all the way from the front to back. Paul do you know if on the 327- is the 250hp intake the same as
the 300hp intake?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The 4 openings in the intake are larger on the 300 HP intake - the normal carb for those intakes is a 3269 Carter AFB carb. There are other carter AFBs that will work and are very similar to the 3269. I have a 3269 carter AFB and a 3310 Carter AFB carb.
I will send you a note on the exhaust manifolds - all of them are for sale.
Paul

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
After much stress and a little help from the misses, I got the engine in the frame and have started putting parts on it.
I haven't decided if I should use the original starter and generator, or sell them, as this isn't a correct car. The car came
with both new and old original parts.

Attachments

• 100_3468.jpg
    100_3468.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 38