New build 62 Impala SS

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
No it was no test, its just that I had been out in the cold for hrs getting that damn eng out of the back of my truck, which I did, but to get it onto a pallet board was not easy, as the legs of the engine lift were to long and I couldn't get it over the pallet. So by the time I did, I must have been worn out, so when I tried fitting the tranny, my brain (?) was not working, today it slid right on. Thanks for the laughs, my car buddy's are always dazzled when anything of mine works or runs. :bow cash. This is what happens
when you don't stop for a few beers, when tired.

Last edited:

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
Btw. for all you guys that didn’t already notice that I‘m the german guy, Stan helped that much, I have to say he is one of the nicest persons I ever met on the Internet and I hope that i‘ll get the chance to meet a couple of you guys someday because this is pretty much the nicest forum I ever signed to! Thanks to you Stan, and thanks to all of you guys for helping because it’s a difficult thing to keep these cars alive in Germany!

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
As Stan an I getting experts in the international freight business, we try to put as much stuff in the crate as possible. And I definitely need these „rocker ends“ ( I do t know if these have a specific name, but it’s the end of the rocker that shows in direction of the front wheels )

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Flo.. here are some of the photo'. Not much else going on, try to clean up the steering box and power steering parts, the previous
owner had bought quite a bit of new stuff, I have never dealt with PS so its all new to me. I did get the exhaust 2 1/2 exhaust manifolds on, and the full length exhaust system that I bought, for $200. Looks good. Just trying to get a little done now and then. I have now with the help of Barry the Body Beautiful, finished all the external body parts, to the point that all that is need is
wet sanding for paint. Luckily I have my 24' enclosed trailer for a extra garage to store things in. Im trying to finish up the frame and engine part, maybe even get it running, then back to the body, floor work.

s100_3546.jpg

100_3545.jpg

100_3547.jpg

100_3546.jpg

100_3545.jpg

100_3544.jpg

100_3543.jpg\

\100_3542.jpg
100_3547.jpg

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I have not started any body work on the SS car yet, except for cutting out the floor. It was good to see how they made the one piece
all together rocker panel with the inner panel bracing. I did see a video of a company that was doing a complete restoration of a 62
and they had to make the section in front of the rocker, that is attached to the front floor pan underneath and looks to be attached below the cowl panel. The part is pictured above, if anyone knows what its called, let me know, and if someone has two, or knows who if anyone makes them, I'd be indebted for the info. thanks cash.

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
I searched days for this parts, as far as i know, is that they don’t have a specific name, but when they pop up they’re called rocker ends. I only heard once that they were reproed. By a company named rocker king, but i‘m not sure. As far as my research goes, you‘ll need to get them out of a donor car. And that’s the problem, because this section of the rocker panel is always rusted!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I searched days for this parts, as far as i know, is that they don’t have a specific name, but when they pop up they’re called rocker ends. I only heard once that they were reproed. By a company named rocker king, but i‘m not sure. As far as my research goes, you‘ll need to get them out of a donor car. And that’s the problem, because this section of the rocker panel is always rusted!
You might pm Paul on this site he might know. PVS 409.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Paul is a wealth of knowledge, I'll give him a call, he most likely has has 4 or 5 of them sitting on his self, ready to be sold. :think

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Flo... here's your other parts, for the back of the rockers that go by the rear wheel openings. Im learning from your buying these parts, find me the parts in front now, and I'll be a happy restorer. :salute100_3550.jpg100_3549.jpg100_3548.jpg

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks Don your always giving me the thumbs up, on your rebuild's what did you do about that front piece I've been talking about?
Just curious. what are you working on now?

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
If I remember correctly mine were in pretty good shape and needed a little patching here and there. I had been remodeling our upstairs bathroom to make my wife happy and another small project in the house. Right now I am getting new oak boards in dimension and putting finish on them to get ready to install them in my 1966 Chevy fleet side long bed. Long over due since I have large rotted holes in the bed ,I have to watch where I lay thing's in there so I don't lose them driving. Then on to some body work and get real serious with that as it starts to get warmer here ,since I like to open door's when shooting primer.