New build 62 Impala SS

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Good Idea Don,,, and a fan or two always helps. Sounds like you have enough to keep you busy. Can't wait for the sunshine.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Thanks Phil, the only choice for the front portion of the rockers is to find a 4 door parts car were they are not rusted.
less 4 doors around today..
I fixed some on at least one car but they only had a few holes in them.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ha. I've tired stumping Paul, its not going to happen on those years of cars.
I've noticed on the 4 dr floor pan that I bought, the front cowl piece I need is a different shape. Im wondering if they made a body change in 63 or maybe 4drs were different. I'll send pic's later.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Now that is what Im talking about, thanks Oldskydog for the help and photo's, some of us just have to have a visual. This forum and the guys like yourself and the fellow that did this work are the reason 348/409 Forum is so over the top Great. It gives me encouragement to continue my project. :bow cash

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Start about page 7 for body work, his car was badly rotted.
psapiller25.jpg

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hi, Just wondering if anyone could pass along the engine pad code letters for a 1962 Impala 327-300hp 4spd car, or where I could look it up. thanks. cash :ebay

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ok my friend just bought a 66 Nova, real pretty one, has a 62 engine in it. These are the
numbers, J158062 FIII9SB. And the Garu's say=:dunno. :rub :dunno2 cash says....:winner

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Thats a Janeville Wisc. car body number 158062
SB = powerglide 300 HP/327 motor.
F is Flint engine plant. I can't remember how to note the dates after the F

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
66 nova, man i am still wishing i had another 66 or 67 nova. they are such great canvasses to do what ya want.
kind of like the shoe boxes. jim
ps how bout some photos.