New Front Skinny`s !!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Went swap meeting today and picked up these cool old 15 X 4 Rockets !!!

I`ll blast them and have them powder coated and paint the centers the same as my Torq Thrusts and they should look great on the `62 !!

The cost was nearly nil,,,, $17 !!! :D Now all I need is a set of front racing tires.

I`m also going to make a fiberglass front bumper to put back on the car.

68582235.jpg

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
New front skinny's

dq
They such look Good on the front . Will need some fresh rubber on those rims.
I have a set of torq thrustn on my Black Hard top,The centers are painted black.

Was to ATCO today for the Philadephlia Modifiers Old Days drags.
Only got one time run in the place was a mad house,
There were 98 cars in the Heavy class. and about the same in Super Pro. Made it in to the third round.
time shoot had a 1.474, 60 foot and 1/4 et of 10.676.
dialed a 10.68 ran a 1.467, 60 foot and a 10.640 a foul win
2nd run dialed a 10.63 ran a 1.500, 60 foot and a 1/4 at 10.700 a break out win.
3th run dialed a 10.68 ran a 1.489, 60 foot and lost on a break out of 10.677. took the win light by .0058 but went to quick by .003. Go figure. :doh
All and All had good day.
Changed slicks last week, the ones that where in the trailer, seems that the tires where all used up. thats why the car didn't proform like it should in KC.
Allen
Blue Screamer

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
WOW Allen !!! Those are outstanding times !!!!!!!!

Wish I was there to watch !! Must have felt great ,,,dq

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Race times.

Allen, Your engine screams! Jim, your times are to allen what mine are to yours. Three different cars, three different ways to build. Allen, 10.6, dq, 12.3, Fatride 13.8. Can't wait to get together again.I wish we could have all gotten together at the strip. I did want to run that other Guy from Ohio! :rolleyes:

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
DQ... Those rims will look great on your car. :beerbang

Allen... 10.6's, Wow! Way to go! :clap

Fat... That Impalla of yours is way too pretty to be as fast as it is. :cheers These three cars are fine examples of what "W" cars should be.