new guy from Blackstock Ontario

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
HI folks, just found this site & joined up. I have a 64 Impala S/S 409 4 speed that I bought in spring of 2017,after having a devastating garage fire, losing a 52 Pontiac [Canadian] Torpedo back coupe, 358 SBC, dual quads, on late model chassis & Tremic 5 speed + a 69 Cutlass "rag" top. My Impala had been in in owners garage for 17 yrs. & only put 1500 miles on it over that time period!!! Car was 15 miles from home & had never seen it "anywhere" Didn't get to test drive as it was winter, but brought it home early April, ran like a " bag of $hit"!! Original,S/plug wires, points & cond. + vac /adv, seized. Repaired all that, & started to come "alive" Checked all the signs before buying + engine & trans #'s has the "ballast resister, large fuel line, with return line from fuel filter, 7000 RPM tach, so pretty sure it's a " REAL" one!!! Changed the wheels over to Torque Thrust D's replaced rear springs & shocks, & swapped out the rear gears to 3:70's [ which really brought it to life] It's a 340 HP. I'm in the process of replacing all the control arm bushings up frt. & not a easy job getting upper A/arms off as no clearance to exhaust manifolds, but 4 sawzall blades later,upper bolts cut off, & on my way to finish job, new bolts [serrated ] purchased. I also own a 64 Pontiac Parrisanne Safari wagon, 358,SBC Borg/Warner T10 4 spd, 605 strg. box & disc brake conversion, 3:36 Posi!! IMG_0279.JPGIMG_1367.JPGIMG_0281.JPGIMG_0252.JPGIMG_0825.JPG

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Thanks, losing both those cars "hurt" bad as well as shop, but on the rebound with replacing them! Thank goodness they were well insured as well as shop.IMG_0065.JPG001.JPGIMG_1338.JPGIMG_1337.JPG

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The wagon is really sweet Pete. :appl:applAnd I like red (and black) 340 hp 409’s.
Don

Last edited:

QB62

Supporting Member 3
Welcome from Brampton Ontario, Pete. I'm quite new here too, but I lurked for many years before joining. I have a cousin out your way that you may know - Mike Campbell. Anyway, welcome. There's a huge amount of knowledge on this site!

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Welcome from Brampton Ontario, Pete. I'm quite new here too, but I lurked for many years before joining. I have a cousin out your way that you may know - Mike Campbell. Anyway, welcome. There's a huge amount of knowledge on this site!
I've known Mike for a very long time, we were in Canadian Motor Car Club in Scarborough back in the 70's & he has had a couple of reunions at his place recently. We are still trying to locate some long lost members??? Small world???

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Sorry for your loss, but it appears you're on the rebound in a strong way!

I like the looks of that '52 fastback ("Aerosedan"?) :).

Welcome aboard!

TomK