New guy from central Texas

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I found this site while searching for information on 348 engines. I am currently building a '33 Ford roadster and wanted to put something different in it other than a SBC. Was originally planning to use an LS motor, but realized that the LS didn't have the right "look" for the traditional styled roadster. I am still a "newbie" on the 348's and could use all the help you have to offer, including any suggestions on a reasonably priced engine. The roadster is going to be a driver, not a racer, and will run a 700R4.

Looking forward to learning from "you-all".
Texas John

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Texas John!!!! Great site here.
Was just on Boerne last week!!!!! HOT!!!!!!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
As a matter of fact,there are 2 348 engines for sale in our section.One is a rebuildable core,the other is a fully built 380 with 3 deuces,built by our own Gerry.This 380 would be an ideal set up for that 33.It has a very mild cam that would work great with that 700r4 trans.You're going to be hard pressed to build one of these engines for much less than the asking price,and this one is put together by an expert on W engines.

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Phil Reed: What was going on in Boerne last weekend? I live about 5 miles outside of there. The only car thing I was aware of was the Cars & Coffee event on the North side of San Antonio, but then again, I have never been accused of knowing what is happening in my own neighborhood.
Don: Thanks. I have been checking them out.

Enclosed is a photo of the '33 build so far.IMG_5211-A.jpg

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
oldskydog: Are you flying into Boerne Stage "International" or San Antonio? I'm about 10 minutes from Boerne Stage Field. I grew up around airplanes (my dad was a pilot) and wander over to Boerne Stage periodically to watch the activity. That's a bit of a haul from AZ if you are flying private.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
oldskydog: Are you flying into Boerne Stage "International" or San Antonio? I'm about 10 minutes from Boerne Stage Field. I grew up around airplanes (my dad was a pilot) and wander over to Boerne Stage periodically to watch the activity. That's a bit of a haul from AZ if you are flying private.
Boerne Stage for the national Navion convention.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
About 6 hours......one fuel stop at Pecos or Van Horn.