New guy from New Mexico

Parts

Well Known Member
Hello every one. I have been reading post on this site for a while now and decided to join at the urging of a member.
In the 60's I worked for Dick Harrell and first started attending races with him in 1958 when he had a real fast Impala with a 348.
I have never owned a 348 or a 409 but have spent many hours working on some of the fastest 409 and 427 Chevy's in the day.
My real interest is to try and keep information that I know about from getting told wrong and to keep untrue information to a minium. I don't have the memory that I use to have but those were the days when I lived my dream so most of it I do remember pretty well.

Thanks

Larry

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Larry, We always appreciate information from the old days. History we need to keep alive. Your posts are definitely welcome and needed. :)

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard!

Greetings Larry. I enjoyed reading your post on the Z11 car with the busted rings! Now that's being there, I say. We look forward to learning of more interesting stories from the past. In your experiences what was one of the more memorable "automobile moments" from 1962-1963? Did you ever get to drive one of these early musclecars?

Cheers!
TomK

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome Larry! It great to get history from those who lived it. :clap Looking forward to your posts.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Larry:
It's great to have you aboard. Please let us know how things really were. Thanks in advance.. You got any pictures??:roll
Robert

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Larry,great to have you hook us with all of us.If you happen to have any old pictures from back in the day,how about posting them.We all love pictures on this site. John

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
Larry,

Welcome to the party. Its good to have another W-head from the land of entrapment on the forum. I hope we get to meet in person.

Parts

Well Known Member
Thanks for the welcome guys. I do have some pics and some knowledge of the way things were in the "GOOD OLD DAYS" I would love to share stories with any of you at any time. I am in the set up process with a slicked up, redone, costly upgrade to our desktop computer, so I have no idea how long it will work....hahaha

Thanks again
Larry

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Thanks for the welcome guys. I do have some pics and some knowledge of the way things were in the "GOOD OLD DAYS" I would love to share stories with any of you at any time. I am in the set up process with a slicked up, redone, costly upgrade to our desktop computer, so I have no idea how long it will work....hahaha

Thanks again
Larry[/QUOTE

Don't worry about the computer Larry as I have noticed there are a few experts on here so I stay quiet during their posts:roll :roll I'm sure they will be glad to help so just start cranking up the stories and photos:clap :clap
Robert

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome to the forum Larry! If you have any questions about your computer, let me know! Anything I can do to help get the pictures on?