New here from St. Louis

STL 64 SS

Hi everyone, My name is Eric. I just picked up my second Impala. (64 SS matching numbers origional 283. As stated above, this is my second Impala- my first was a 64 2dr hard top I bought in high school. It didnt need much work to get looking good. My New car is a "project I bought off my friend. He bought it with the intentions of doing a frame off... Thats about as far as he got. The good news is I don't have to disassemble anything. I will post pics of my progress but I'm sure you will see alot of me. Im going to be attempting the metal replacement on this one. car is really straight but needs floors (going to do the 1 piece that already has the braces), lower quarters and inner passenger rocker as well as rear body mounts. It was origionally the Azure Aqua metallic with the white interior and 2 tone dash but has been painted black and had the interior swapped for a black one. Im putting everything back to origional.

Thats pretty much it..

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome!

Eric:

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm from nearby Columbia, MO. If you're ever in the area you should stop by. I drive a 1962 SS car with a 409 four speed. In fact I was just passing through St. Louis yesterday on the way back from Indy :).

Am currently restoring a 1961 Belair sport coupe, and am doing the floor pans and some additional corroded areas. I'm a bit of an amateur, and learn while doing. We look forward to any questions you might have while restoring your vehicle.

Good luck!

TomK

STL 64 SS

Thanks! I'm going to be doing the metal work on this car which I haven't done solo yet but Im sure I will have lots of questions. Once I get Going im going to start a buildup thread. Im actually in Wentzville so IM about 40 Miles closer to you than St. Louis. Look forward to interacting with you guys.

M

monk

Hey Eric
I'm in the Festus area and a newbie also.
Hoping to get my 409 build started soon........Jim Evans Racing
in Rolla is doing the deal.
Going into a '55 Chevy.
Good place here with lots of good info.........TomK is a great
resource and close:)

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cool thanks guys. Hey either of you know any good places in the area for media blasting?

Just turn on the local news....:roll:roll:roll STL, Welcome aboard This is a great group of folks and lots of info. All you have to do is ask.

Bosco

Hey Eric
I'm in the Festus area and a newbie also.
Hoping to get my 409 build started soon........Jim Evans Racing
in Rolla is doing the deal.
Going into a '55 Chevy.
Good place here with lots of good info.........TomK is a great
resource and close:)

Let me know how it goes putting that 09 in your 55... I am doing one in a 57

Welcome Eric :cheers

M

monk

Let me know how it goes putting that 09 in your 55... I am doing one in a 57

Welcome Eric :cheers

Will do..........although if you already have your vehicle you
might beat me to it AND you can inform me of your transplant:)