NEW Hillborn fuel injection!!

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
http://www.hilborninjection.com/product.asp?Id=446&CatId=255

The 348-409 engines were the beginning of true high performance engines for Chevrolet. At its' peak, the 409 made the magical one horsepower per cubic inch, and was not only very popular with racers, it was feared by the competition.

Now the 409 is back and it’s as hot as ever, especially when equipped with a Hilborn. A Hilborn injector will breath new life into your 409, whether running stock or aftermarket aluminum heads, producing awesome torque and power along with race inspired engine acceleration. But if drivability is your direction, then we have you covered on that too. Our injector manifolds have smooth low end power, calming even the largest of camshafts. See for yourself why some of the fastest racers and the savviest of street rodders prefer a Hilborn Injector or EFI Kit.

Why is a Hilborn better?
Since a Hilborn Injector is part of the IR (individual runner) family, it does not suffer from the distribution pulses associated with a common plenum intake, allowing the engine to make more bottom end torque, have increased throttle response and, most importantly, allows the engine to accelerate faster. Most applications will also see a significant increase in top end power. These same attributes also allow smoother low speed drivability.

Besides, nothing looks better than eight stacks sitting on top of your engine. Have the best of both worlds with a Hilborn!
Proudly made in the USA!

Click Here For EFI Kits
Standard Features:

high quality heat-treated aluminum casting
steel, cad-plated ram tubes
fully assembled with shafts, butterflies, linkage, fuel rails, mounted TPS with connector and vacuum kit

Options:
polished castings
billet ram tube air filter combo
chrome ram tubes
powder coating
port matching
complete hand porting

Specifications:
height is 8.25 inches from top of block to top of casting

Pricing:

Hilborn EFI kit with Carabine ECU starting at $6580.00
Hilborn EFI kit with FAST XFI ECU starting at $7180.00

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's Cooool..... I talked to Hillborn at the PRI show last year and they said they were working on it.

Dave

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
And so economical.........................they'll probably become a welcome addition to the budget builds.:roll:roll:roll

Ray

desapience

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Guys,

Ahhhh, and how many years ago was it that I was predicting that we'd have BIG 3rd party boys divng into the "w's"? Most poo-pooed this thought.

Now, you can have an enitre mindl-blowing "W" without using a single stock part, sporting gobs more power and dependability than ever before. All one need to do now is find a stable of hot babes, and become a pimp to afford it all.

But, keep in mind too -- all this "new" stuff, will soon enough become "old" stuff!
Denis

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yeah........... just think if the Hillborns become like the Argons...... or the Mickey Thompsons

The year 2047 on Ebay......

Vintage Hillborn Injection unit, Very Rare, a Must have for the vintage car guy. missing a few parts but should function.
Buy it now $63,000

:roll:roll:roll:roll

Dave

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mechanical Availible??

Would be VERY interested in a mechanical setup. Do you know if the manifold can be purchased sans all of the EFI hardware and ports??

Suppose I could call.

And great find:bow:cool:

Robert

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It's a little out of my price range but I still like it.
My guess is that a mechanical setup would be cheaper than the EFI.:?
I think the electronic fuel injection would be great on a street car.
With all the new stuff like aluminum blocks, heads, and serpentine belt setups etc. there's no limit on how much you could spend.:deal

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Could be way cheaper because I have a complete Hilborn sbc setup. Also lowspeed lean out apparatus for decent street use.

Can you tell if it is for hipo heads?

Robert

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mechanical Pricing

Called Hilborn up today and here is what they had to say.

Complete manifold with all connected hardware -$2725.00
Chrome Ram pipes set $138.00
Fuel pump $575.00

Grand total $3438.00

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Here's an interesting (and wild) idea for the new Hillborn and a 409....

Attachments

• DSC00869.jpg
    DSC00869.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 147
  • KENNY'S%20%20NITRO%20COUPE%202%20337.jpg
    KENNY'S%20%20NITRO%20COUPE%202%20337.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 106
  • KENNY'S%20%20NITRO%20COUPE%202%20368.jpg
    KENNY'S%20%20NITRO%20COUPE%202%20368.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 125

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Here's an interesting (and wild) idea for the new Hillborn and a 409....

Pretty extreme even for a "rat rod" but cool in an odd way.

Saw that at the SoCal Speed Shop open house this year. They fired it a couple of times. Almost sounded like they had a load in it. But may have been gas.

desapience

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Why is became affordable.

Fuel pump $575.00

Grand total $3438.00

~~~~~~~~~

Guys,

I sold my rebuilt tri-powered 1956 265 SBC engine last week for $5,600! Made a hefty profit from it, which coincidentally makes this Hilborn EFI setup price semi-palatable.

But, as compared to my 446 stroker with the M/T crossram, one wonders which will look coolest, since it is likely that a Hilborn EFI setup would run better.

Hmmm???

Denis

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Once you get the fuel and timing curve dialed in if the EFI has wide band O2 feedback it will run as smooth as a new car!

But it is a toss up which looks cooler- a M/T cross ram or a set of FI injector stacks:)

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
~~~~~~~~~

Guys,

I sold my rebuilt tri-powered 1956 265 SBC engine last week for $5,600! Made a hefty profit from it, which coincidentally makes this Hilborn EFI setup price semi-palatable.

But, as compared to my 446 stroker with the M/T crossram, one wonders which will look coolest, since it is likely that a Hilborn EFI setup would run better.

Hmmm???

Denis

Denis, if I could afford it, I'd go with the Hilborn setup. I think it would look cool on your new 55 :D

jwhotrod

Supporting Member 1
cross ram DFI

Actually you could conceivably have the best of both worlds. You can get throttle bodies that would replace the dual quads and look like dual quads, and modify the cross ram to add injectors to the runners at the ports. So any carb maniflod could potentailly be turned into DFI. Accel-DFI.com seaks to all of that and will run batch, sequential, nitrous, and turbo/supercharging easily. We just changed my TPI on my 409 to Accel-DFI thruster software and it runs great.

As to the wide band O2 sensors they really arent needed in this case and are VERY expensive. Standard heated O2 sensors will usually do fine.

Talk to Charlie Sykes at the Race Shop (920) 833-1188 he undersanda and has done DFI on 409's including mine.

Big Jim
:cheers:cheers

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Clarification

Fuel pump $575.00

Grand total $3438.00

I just wanted to clarify my post, these prices are for a mechanical setup. I'm sure you guys know it's not very street-able without a bunch of custom plumbing.

Sorry if it was miss leading.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Once you get the fuel and timing curve dialed in if the EFI has wide band O2 feedback it will run as smooth as a new car!

But it is a toss up which looks cooler- a M/T cross ram or a set of FI injector stacks:)

I really like the look of the cross ram but I think the injector stacks would look even better on Denis's 55, just because the hood is so high. I think the stacks would fill the area better. The stacks would be the first thing someone would see as they approached, then when they got closer they'd spot the 409's valve covers.
Denis's car is also fairly high tech with the paddle shifters etc. so the EFI injection would continue that theme.

jwhotrod

Supporting Member 1
Dfi

If I understood correctly when we were going thru mine, you could do the same thing with the Hillborn or any of the others. I also know Try trepanier in one of the cars he built DFI'd a stromberg multi manifold on a flat head and hid the injectors under the manifold to keep the nostalga look. There is no end to where this "could" go.

Big Jim