New Jerico on it's way

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Well, I did it. In January I ordered a new Jerico DR4 to replace my Muncie M22. I talked with Scott at Jerico and ordered. He says that the 3.08 first gear should get me off the line with no issues. I should be getting it the first part of March.

Now that I'll be able to launch with great authority I thought I better address some issues at the rear of the car. My car has the stock 3 link w/panhard and the upper and lower arms boxed. I bought a pair of Hotchkis adjustable uppers and an adjustable panhard. It was a good thing I did this because the single upper was pulling the mounting plate rearward and just begining to **** the rearend. My buddy and I have added extra gussets and lateral strength to the mounting forward mounting plate so this won't happen again. We haven't quite finished yet but the whole thing looks quite trick. If the weather holds this week we can finish and take it down the street for a test.

I can't wait to get the tranny in. Woodburn opens for testing Mar 8.

Paul

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Way to go!:beerbang
I bet you'll see a noticeable improvement in your et's with the lower first gear.:deal It's probably also a good idea to pull the M22 while it's still in good shape.

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Hey Jim

yeah I'm thinking 1/2 to a hole second of my et and the same with my 60'. The M22 I have has been great but not for drag racing. My M22 has the Autogear case and I've rarely ever missed a shift

Paul

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
The best I've run with currently is 13.05 @ 106mph so I'm hoping for 12.50-60 range. My 409 is standard bore, 817 heads, long tube headers, dual 625 carters on a low rise Offy manifold. With this engine combination and 4.10 rear gear I feel I'm doing damn good. I've always stumbled coming off the line, unless I air up the rear tires to allow for spin, so with the Jerico I should hook up real good.

Paul

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's really good going. The engine is making great power for what it is. With the low first gear and 4.1 rear she should come out of the hole real nice. Are you running a 26" or 28" rear tire?

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like the 09 should pull a good mph with that combo. March the 8th isn't far away.:cheers

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
I will be using a RAM Long style with 1800lb adjustable 6 puck disc. I've been using a RAM for several years, only 2400lb, and I have had good luck with it.

Paul

jr.W

Well Known Member
garbageman sounds good, from what I have been reading the adjustable
clutch is needed to keep from breaking parts.