new member from iowa

backn62

Supporting Member 1
Starting On My Second 62 Belair 2dr Sedan. This Time Going With A 348 Dressed As A 409 Instead Of A Small Block. Finding Your 409 Truck Engine Thread Very Interesting. I Have A 64 348 Truck Engine 333 Heads. Planning On Running A 409 Crank 10:1 Comp, Bigger Valves, Offy Dual Quad, Headers, And Was Thinking A Hydraulic Roller Cam, Has This Been Done And What Is Involved With Putting One In? Is It Worth The Extra Money? What Is A Good Header To Run, Cutting Inner Fenders Not A Problem. Sorry To Throw Out So Many Questions, But This Is My First W Engine Build So Any Info Would Be Greatly Appreciated. The Rest Of The Drive Line Is Mocked In The Car Now. It Includes A Tko 600 Tremec 5 Speed, And A 4.11 Geared 9 Inch. For Looks It Has Steel Wheels On Back With Torque Thrust Wheels On Front And A Pontiac Super Duty Hood Scoop. Car Will Be Painted White. I Have Not Figured Out To Post Pictures Yet, But Will When I Figure It Out.

HIVOLTAGE

Well Known Member
Welcome to the site. I've only been here a short time myself and can tell ya, there's a lot of great info they've put together here. I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Starting On My Second 62 Belair 2dr Sedan. This Time Going With A 348 Dressed As A 409 Instead Of A Small Block. Finding Your 409 Truck Engine Thread Very Interesting. I Have A 64 348 Truck Engine 333 Heads. Planning On Running A 409 Crank 10:1 Comp, Bigger Valves, Offy Dual Quad, Headers, And Was Thinking A Hydraulic Roller Cam, Has This Been Done And What Is Involved With Putting One In? Is It Worth The Extra Money? What Is A Good Header To Run, Cutting Inner Fenders Not A Problem. Sorry To Throw Out So Many Questions, But This Is My First W Engine Build So Any Info Would Be Greatly Appreciated. The Rest Of The Drive Line Is Mocked In The Car Now. It Includes A Tko 600 Tremec 5 Speed, And A 4.11 Geared 9 Inch. For Looks It Has Steel Wheels On Back With Torque Thrust Wheels On Front And A Pontiac Super Duty Hood Scoop. Car Will Be Painted White. I Have Not Figured Out To Post Pictures Yet, But Will When I Figure It Out.

backn62, Welcome aboard. Lots of info and great group here. The 348 with the 409 crank is a great way to go. Dougs is a source for headers or, you can build your own. Do a search for some of the old threads and you will find a wealth of information. Good Luck