geraldine

Just finished putting a 409 in my 1964 Aqua Biscayne. We are long time members of two local car clubs and I also owned a 1962 409/409 back in the day.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
geraldine, Welcome to this site. Glad you finally found us. You will enjoy good information that is supplied here. :)

geraldine

Ronnie, I logged in my wifes name geraldine just because after being married over 40 years it's easy for me to remember. I have searched around this web for awhile and find some very useful information. I know a few 409 gurues but I would like to meet a few more. My name is Paul and we live in SW Michigan.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Geraldine,welcome to the sight it's always nice to see another Michigangander join the site.Do you have any Photos ?

GO BLUE

geraldine

Jim, Yes I have pictures but I don't have a way to post them. I'am an older guy that has to use two fingers just to do this so down loading pictures requires equipment I either don't have or can't use. I do alot of local car shows and drag raced Martin before the tree. My Biscayne is a frame off original azure aqua met. 2dr. that was a 283 glide car which I just installed a 64 QR 409 in. I've tried to make it look like it came that way right down to the dash tach. By the way I'am a Nam vet also. 7th Air Force 69/70.

geraldine

Dick, Thanks for the offer but I guess I should have been clearer. I don't have any photos of my car on this computer. I need one of my kids with a digital to show me how to do that.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Paul, Welcome to the site. This is a great place for information and just a good bunch of guys. Your car sounds great. Would love to see some pics. Glad you made it here. Dan

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Yea! another anti-red car in my favorite color(sorry Dick). Welcome Paul. This is a great site... with a great bunch of guys--especially DQ who always has something educational or entertaining to say..I learn something every day.:cheers

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Awww come on Cecil. I have a 918 Twilight blue all door Impala sitting in the barn myself.....but red is sooo purtty :roll Of course so is Honduras Maroon, Nassau Blue, etc. etc.:clap

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
OK, I confess. My first 58 (white)was in 1960 and after I wrecked it the first time I repainted it Honduras Maroon. I also owned a red/red 62 Corvette and a red 64 Corvette, and a red 62 SS. The problem for me is that I don't want to have what everyone else has..I like to be a little bit different......OOPS Let me rephrase that. I have different tastes in colors. There are more resale red cars today than were ever manufactured.;)

geraldine

I learned something today 918 in 62 was twilight blue, thats the same as azure aqua in 64. I'll have to look at a color chart and see how close they are . Paul

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Resale Red?

I always thought it was arrest me red, now I find out it is resale red. Welcome to the best 409 information site ever, I just read what these W engine experts post here and I now know how uninformed I was. Thanx to all of you, who obviously really know your W stuff.