New Mufflers and sound is great.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Had both mufflers replaced & had 7 or 8 hangers changed to the correct places to stop all the banging. Hey I can hear the radio now.
The car is a driver (cruiser) so joy to the world. Used the new style bar hangers that you weld to the frame. Took a while to tuck into the best locations, but no more metal to metal. I know I didn’t use the correct hangers, but sure was easier then the old style to adjust everything.
Happy days are driving once again.

Dave

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
What kind of mufflers, do they have any mellow exhaust sound ?
Coming to Michigan first and 2nd week of October - sending you a note
Paul

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Paul, I’m leaving for Fort Benning for a Army reunion on the 2nd of Oct. (driving with my trailer & the 62) then to my brothers in South Carolina on the 9th for a few days, lastly on to my son Brad’s place in North Carolina for a few more days, as they both want the see and drive the 62.
Sorry I’m going to miss you again.

Dave

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I did want to call you about the fans you did and the mufflers you selected
but I couldn’t send a message.
Paul

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Paul, I’m leaving for Fort Benning for a Army reunion on the 2nd of Oct. (driving with my trailer & the 62) then to my brothers in South Carolina on the 9th for a few days, lastly on to my son Brad’s place in North Carolina for a few more days, as they both want the see and drive the 62.
Sorry I’m going to miss you again.

Dave

Ah, the lovely basic training at Benning November through February I think? Don't miss that.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ah, the lovely basic training at Benning November through February I think? Don't miss that.
Jeff, Fort Benning was good to Me comparisons of Fort Knox (basic) or Fort Polk (AIT).
Fort Benning was NCOC school (1st class in 67) the old guy called us “ Shake N Bakes” or “Instant NCOs”. When they shipped me to Fort Gordon for on the job training in the winter was hell for me. Living in a quonset hut 10 miles from main base was hell. But some how we got by. I will say I didn’t lose any of my AIT squad I was training for 10 weeks to Vietnam.

Dave

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Dave,
I want to call you on your fans and mufflers
Please send me a private message on what phone number to use.
Paul

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
What kind of mufflers, do they have any mellow exhaust sound ?
Coming to Michigan first and 2nd week of October - sending you a note
Paul
Paul,
busy as heck right now, so I’m writhing this on the bathroom thrown. Since I’m going to be gone almost a month I have to have all the fall clean-up I can do before I leave.
Anyway the mufflers are MaguFlow #12256 (stainless steel) from the paper work I received.
I do like the sound specially on start-up. It’s got that low rumble, but with a convertible and the top down you can hear most of everything while driving. But I’ve been driving with the bad mufflers for so long anything is a great improvement.
I will say the seams on the mufflers are larger then the old ones I had before.
Have a safe trip to Michigan & return.

Dave

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Paul,
busy as heck right now, so I’m writhing this on the bathroom thrown. Since I’m going to be gone almost a month I have to have all the fall clean-up I can do before I leave.
Anyway the mufflers are MaguFlow #12256 (stainless steel) from the paper work I received.
I do like the sound specially on start-up. It’s got that low rumble, but with a convertible and the top down you can hear most of everything while driving. But I’ve been driving with the bad mufflers for so long anything is a great improvement.
I will say the seams on the mufflers are larger then the old ones I had before.
Have a safe trip to Michigan & return.

Dave
I have Magnaflows on the street edition of "Joint Venture' I love the soundPictureKodak easy share photos 965.jpg

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought a pair of (new) glass packs in the early 90’s that I planned to install after I quit showing my car. I don’t have access to a lift anymore so they’re still in the box. I may find and have a local exhaust shop install just to hear the sound again. Back in the late 60’s, ‘had a set of steel packs on car. ‘Could never sneak home with them ;)

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The last glasspacks I had was on a 54 merc in 1985. Shorties so when you let off the gas ……………………………………………………………………...