New night stocker at grocery store

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Needs sensitivity training.

Already did my 2 hours sensitivity training for the year. I find it funny that every year I go the theme is always the same. And that is that we can discriminate against whites, preferably white males whenever possible. And yes they gave an example during the training.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You cannot give anyone a job or promotion based on "ANYTHING" except qualifications without discriminating against others. One of the hiring managers said in our sensitivity training, if I have two candidates, and all things are equal, then I will give the job to the non white male or non white female every time because I have to assume they worked harder to get here. How can you assume that? Isn't that blatant discrimination. Then we were told this year that this is just the beginning of a ten year plan to change diversity. That managers should not only consider qualifications, but should consider if the person needs special work hours and accommodations. If the job requires lifting 50 pounds, maybe you hire the lady and have a guy carry it for her??? However a GUY must meet the standands. Sorry guys, I will help a coworker, but I will not do their job for them. I am not dating these women, and they get the same pay as me. If the box is too heavy I have to take some out or get someone to help with me, not someone doing it for me, so no. They can carry their own. Sorry DM62409, didn't mean to highjack your thread.

Last edited: