New Ride 1965 Wagon

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thought I would post a picture of my new ride, 1965 Impala wagon 396 turbo 400 with factory A/C, tinted glass, PS, power rear window and protecto plate. We drove car home from Athens Georgia to Burlington Ont. and we got almost 20 mpg. The car is really original, missing correct carb and orig rims. Anyone out there with info about production numbers on 65 wagons please post info or send pm to me. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Attachments

• DCP05568.jpg
    DCP05568.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 143
  • DCP05570.jpg
    DCP05570.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DCP05598.jpg
    DCP05598.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 95

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
If you don't like those rims, sell them to me!

Exactly the style I'm after for my 59 El Camino. :deal

You keep the tires, they're too tall and you need them for your original type rims.

bobs409

Administrator
Nice find and neato! A wagon with all the candy. :brow

I like the 20 mpg best. That would put alot of new vehicles to shame. :deal

Bob

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Kevin
Great ride, wagons are cool......:cool:
what made you go for that, had to be the BB w/air.........:scratch

Oh...I get it...........new tow vehicle for the 9er.........:beerbang:beerbang

:cheers
bj

nice ride :)

Awesome ride! Nice to see more and more guys showing interest in the wagon's. They also make wicked Drag Cars.... :cheers

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Kevin

Great find! The 65's have to be one of the nicest wagons (and full size cars) that Chevy produced.:beerbang

The wheels are perfect.:cool:

Ron

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks guys for the thumbs up, I have wanted a wagon for a long time, and missed three years ago on a 62 project wagon. The 62 is the one I prefer, but this 65 has me intrigued and its time to jump into a different year/ model and learn new stuff. I will keep you posted on the progress. The wagon may end up pulling the 9er to the pure stock drags in Michigan!:eek:

Kevin