New shop

Junky

Well Known Member
Sometimes when I get home after a long drive, I can't wait to get inside to the bathroom, so I just pee on the side of the garage. I learned from my dogs, that when you have to go, you have to go, no matter where you are. Lucky thing for me is that we live in the woods, and there are no close neighbors.

Junky

Well Known Member
No spray in foam,the attic gets blown in loose and the walls are getting batten faced.

Spray foam makes for better insulation, and energy costs are going to be going up in the future. You will regret not foaming the place when the winds start blowing. Foam will actually add structural rigidity to the building, make it more energy efficient, add to the quietness, especially when the wind blows. Times have changed, and so has insulation. Foam is in, and fiberglass is a thing of the past.

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Rick.......when we bought our new house 7 years ago......it came with a 40x60 metal building with a concrete floor. Turns out by back neighbor was a foam contractor.
60x40 with 12' walls. I had it foamed.....$15,300. I believe it was worth every penny!!!! Especially over time. They 2" foamed the building and ceiling. Then they shot an additional 4" open cell or so on the ceiling. They said that additional would help the ceiling. I'm perfectly happy with it. The walls are like steel. No breezes or anything.
I was told it would be 25 degrees difference. 65 inside on a 90 degree day and 65 on a 40 degree day. I have 2 small electric furnaces in opposite corners and they carry the load in winter perfectly.
I would certainly advise you to at least check it out.
I post some pictures tomorrow.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
My friend a who has classic cars and does lots of classic car work and his snowmobiles just finished his 1000 SF high ceilings add to his 2 stall garage. He used foam. I am almost certain his addition was stick built walls.
My 2000 SF garage built 2003 attached to my house has batts in the walls and 18“ blown in attic with in floor heat.
I wish I had foam insulation.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I keep remembering the UFFI fiasco and wonder when this foam starts gassing off something that will kill you if your contractor doesn’t get his mix right.

I have a buddy who has his steel building done in foam, you can hardly tell it’s raining or blowing. It certainly seems to seal well and insulate well.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Walls and ceiling will be air tight,no draft around electric outlets in a house or garage. Batt insulation will not be air tight in walls. I just had my house attic batt insulation removed and spray foamed. I can tell the difference. I had new siding put on my house a couple of years ago, i wish i would have thought to have foam injected into walls then while siding was off ,they drill holes outside and inject.

Junky

Well Known Member
Walls and ceiling will be air tight,no draft around electric outlets in a house or garage. Batt insulation will not be air tight in walls. I just had my house attic batt insulation removed and spray foamed. I can tell the difference. I had new siding put on my house a couple of years ago, i wish i would have thought to have foam injected into walls then while siding was off ,they drill holes outside and inject.

Most likely your home has batt insulation in the walls, and that would have had to be removed first to inject the foam. When they removed the batt insulation in the attic, did they spray the underside of the roof, or did they spray the attic floor? I am thinking of doing the same thing, except that the cost is prohibitively expensive.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
They removed batt then sprayed. attic floors. No foam on roof. My sq ft is around 1300, my cost was $3000.50 . A dirty job pulling the double laid batt . They picked a cooler day, but they still sweat pretty good Two young guys did it.It took about 5 hours.I had them spray the single attached garage attic also, there was no insulation there to begin with. I have noticed these 95 degree days my ac is able to reach lower temps which it coulnt before.They sprayed about 5 to 7 inches thick,which will about double or more suggested r value..

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
They can inject foam into walls no nerd to removed batt in walls . It still will seal when properly filled. They pull off siding in different levels and drill holes on outside then reinstall siding. They also can do on inside by drilling too, middle ,and bottom of each stud cavity , they close hole ,but up to home owner to finish the hole on sheetrock and tepaint. I decided my attic was needed the worst as when i remodeled the bathroom walls there was batt insulation in the walls.