New Stud Girdle by Jomar

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1

It's been a year long venture, lots of patience, some gray hair and possible balding :) but have a prototype piece in my hands. Jomar has worked very hard on this project for me, they hope to bring to market in the coming months. Keep in mind the piece above is not finished or anodized but will have more details to share once they are ready.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
What exactly are these things for?? What do they do?? I've heard the name before but know nothing more about them. Thanx, Carmine.

BubbletopMan

Well Known Member
Carmine, stud girdles are used to improve valvetrain stability. As horsepower increases and spring pressures increase, the rocker studs experience an unimaginable amount of force, both front-to-back and side-to-side. A stud girdle ties all of the rocker studs together into a common "truss", that stiffens the entire rocker stud arrangement and greatly reduce stud flex.

Jeremy

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Carmine, stud girdles are used to improve valvetrain stability. As horsepower increases and spring pressures increase, the rocker studs experience an unimaginable amount of force, both front-to-back and side-to-side. A stud girdle ties all of the rocker studs together into a common "truss", that stiffens the entire rocker stud arrangement and greatly reduce stud flex.

Jeremy
Thanks for the info!

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I would like a set for stock heads with 3/8 studs please and thank you.
Or should I say Tom needs some.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10

Jeremy

Excellent explanation. Thank you. Just two follow up questions: are these necessary for a stock motor and do they fit under the valve covers?? Thanks again, Carmine.

Hooley

I am very interested in a set of these for org. heads. My heads are in the shop now being worked and I am not sure of the stud size.

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The girdle for OEM heads isn't finished yet, John still has some programming to go on that one. I do have 3 other sets available here for the Edelbrock head if anyone is interested.