New times.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I finally got to run the 60 through the 1/4 last night at Tompson drag raceway. I drove the car to the track. I didn't do any tuning or add pressure to the tires. This run was made on street tires through the mufflers. Car 60' time was 1.89. 1/4 mi time was 13.89. Next year I will run with the headers uncapped with the air bags installed and I'll have slicks too! I think I can run 13. 6 maybe better. I'm pretty happy with this for now. Not bad for 348 heads and three two's. Had to come out of the hole on the two barrel or the wheel spin was just too much. As soon as I was rolling I floored it! A little wheel hop, like a chatter more than hop, second gear at 5500, caught a little rubber, 3rd at 5500 and through the big end at 5500. A little popping through the carbs at high rpm indicates I may be running out of fuel so the electric fuel pump is a must for next run! :D

Hey Fat, what was your speed at the end of the 1/4 ?
Your 60ft is actually AMAZING ! The best my Belair ever did on street tires was a 2.35.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Good job Ray !!!!

With the open headers and stickies you will definitely do way better then 13.6 !!!

And the 60 ft times are amazing !!! On STREET tires no less !!! :cheers :clap ,,dq

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Mph

MPH was 98. Yeh, I was really impressed with the 60' times also. The tires are Dayton Daytonas, 255/70R60s. Compond seems really hard. When you turn em on the street they don't even leave a black mark but boy on the strip they really bite!