New to forum

Roadman62

Hi new to the 409 impala scene. I have a 63 impala 327 4speed car not an original 409 car and im not sure if it is a original ss car but i love it either way. The last 4 or 5 years i was helping my uncle build his dream car and sadly he passed before we could get the 409 in to complete his dream . He left it to me when he passed . The car is not original and i get alot older guys upset cause its not. Still up in the air about what to do with the 409 and all the parts accumulated for the install . Thanks Roadman6220180527_142206.jpg20190310_193459.jpg20190310_193405.jpg

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the zoo!!!!!! Glad to have another inmate!!!!
Your car......your decision!!!!!!! Basically.....they are just jealous!!!! GO FOR IT!!!!!! Since your car is a 327.....easy swap!!!!
Got to quit now.......I'm just about out of my monthly allotment of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Build it your way, it's your car. The only drawback to putting the 409 in it is you will never go back. Other engines somehow become less than a 409 irregardless of size and power. And of course you will have to endure the extra attention if someone sees the badges or if the hood is open.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Build it your way, it's your car. The only drawback to putting the 409 in it is you will never go back. Other engines somehow become less than a 409 irregardless of size and power. And of course you will have to endure the extra attention if someone sees the badges or if the hood is open.

That’s absolutely correct! The smart thing to do is give me a PM to make arrangements for me to pickup “your problem”. Then you won’t have to put up with the problems a 409 causes.

Fuzz

MAGA

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome to the site.......I’m not mad ...... build it the way “you” want......it’s yours duh.....!!!!!!....... I might not be mad...... but I’m jealous as hell...... very, very nice !!!!!!!!....... what an awesome uncle!....sorry for your loss

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice looking car!! Sorry about your uncle and I'm glad you where able to keep the car in the family after his passing! I say put the 409 in and enjoy the dream your uncle had. FYI don't let anybody talk you out of that MT crossram as what I have heard there was only about 50? or so made for the 409 and I was lucky enough to find one also.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice looking car!! Sorry about your uncle and I'm glad you where able to keep the car in the family after his passing! I say put the 409 in and enjoy the dream your uncle had. FYI don't let anybody talk you out of that MT crossram as what I have heard there was only about 50? or so made for the 409 and I was lucky enough to find one
There are only so many of them (neat) but they don't have the best street characteristics either (not so neat). If you are going to run at the track then you have a good piece to run. It was specifically designed to go fast not go get a burger. They tune like you have two 4cylinder motors strapped together. If you enjoy spending your time tuning then have fun with it. Otherwise a factory 881 or Edelbrock would work better for driving around. Besides you can take the money you get for it and put towards getting that 409 in the 63.