New to the 409 world

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hello to all. Recently picked up a '62 SS 409 4 speed. I believe it was a V8 auto and when rotisserie restored about 12-13 years ago it was changed to a 409 4 speed. Didn't have a lot of miles put on it and has held up very nicely. Was painted original corona cream but a black interior was installed instead of the gold. A nice partner to my '61 Corvette and I have always had a thing for the '62's and a W block (my Dad had a black '59 Impala with a 348/pg when I was about 10 or so and it left an impression. Loving the info available on this site. Thanks. RickIMG-2811.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-2769.jpg
    IMG-2769.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 61655979023--4B39E820-316B-4130-8B2C-4C6BEBA787BD.JPG
    61655979023--4B39E820-316B-4130-8B2C-4C6BEBA787BD.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-2789.jpg
    IMG-2789.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 60

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Rick:

Welcome to the Forum! Wow, she's a real looker :). The engine bay looks well done, in the spirit of a "factory install". I did something similar a dozen years ago, took a 283 PG car and made her into a "409 clone" but I didn't get as faithful as your representation.

Nice complement to that C1 you have as well :) :) :).

Cheers! TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the Zoo!!!!!! All kinds of animals in here are safe.....they all had their front claws removed!!!!
Actually.....we are domiciled and are helpful!!!!! Welcome aboard!!!!

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I second that...be careful with these guys...I came here with a 59 elky and they talked me into going with a nice 409..peer pressure...sure glad I did, they even made my buy a handful more...these guys are cagey but they have answers for questions you will never think about...

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome, we all like pics here! Nice ride and you should show us your Corvette too. Get ready for the ride of your life!:wacko:juggle

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I won't share who I bought it from as I don't have that person's permission to do so. I have known the car for several years. When I had my '65 GTO, I was often in the same class at shows .I gave my two GTO's that I restored to my son and daughter a couple years ago and needed another dose of muscle. I had kept the owner's telephone number and gave him a call as his car was my first choice. Older frame off that was done right and it has held up extremely well - still looks very fresh. Talked to the engine builder pre-purchase and he remembered everything about the build. He was hired for the day to do initial start up, installed single valve springs for cam break in and then reinstalled correct springs after break in, and tuned.