new to this club.

1962bisqwik

it is a small world. where in Alaska will you be? i'm in Fairbanks. that's about 360 miles north of anchorage. I have documents that I still need to thumb through. i'll look to see if that's in the stuff.

Junky

Well Known Member
thank you for the input. my car IS that car from Texas. not really hung up on the only one to exist but just giving it some background. I never thought I would own a true 409 car, especially one so unique and well documented. I got my info from the previous owner and it's the same story that you just said. I even have the license plate that Reggie had on it in California. plus a copy of his title on the car with his signature.

I think that I have seen that spotlight once before. :scratch Thanks for the spotlight pictures, especially the inside. I am concerned that the spotlight handle will interfere with the cruise control knob. Could you please take a measurement from the inside handle edge to the center of the gauge that is in the dash. I have a feeling that it is going to be a shoe horn fit.

1962 spotlight Chevrolet OEM 3.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Have had burgers and beers at Pikes Landing. Been to the Ice Carving festival twice.....for the unknowing....that's in January!!!!!! -35 BELOW!!!
Are you stationed there...Air Force or Army??
We have driven the Haul Road to Prudhoe Bay. Any construction worker, the amount of Cat, JD, and the rest....is unbelievable!!!!!
Oh....Chena Hot Springs is incredible.....the night we went in was 18 below. Water temp is, I believe, about 135. You warm right up@!!! When you get out, your eyelashes and eyebrows are completely in frost!!!
Guess I otta quit....I should go to work for the Alaska Chamber of Commerce!!!!!!!
Look forward to talking to you sometime!!!! I can fill you in on some of the history of your car.

1962bisqwik

I think that I have seen that spotlight once before. :scratch Thanks for the spotlight pictures, especially the inside. I am concerned that the spotlight handle will interfere with the cruise control knob. Could you please take a measurement from the inside handle edge to the center of the gauge that is in the dash. I have a feeling that it is going to be a shoe horn fit.

View attachment 73569
I will try to remember to do that tonight.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Where did you move from??
My first trip to Alaska was in 2000 on a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic. Born and raised in Central Kansas. If I had gone to Alaska in my late 20's........I would have stayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I moved to Alaska in 1988 and have been here since. I look forward to meeting you as well. about 3 more weeks and I will put my hot rods away for the winter. then wait until late april to start it all over again.

That's about the time my brother in law moved to Wasilla.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That's about the time my brother in law moved to Wasilla.
I look forward to meeting him some day!!!! I know a bar that shows all the NFL Sunday games!!!!!!!! We can watch the Chiefs and shoot the $hit!!!!!!!!!
You are welcome to come too!!!!!!!

Junky

Well Known Member
Never went to Alaska, but always wanted to. I did buy a car from Alaska once, and was told that I had to have it out of Alaska by October 1st, or the engine block would freeze solid even with anti freeze in it. I managed to get it out by mid September. It was located at Copper River EMS in Glennallen, AK

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I put my cars in cold storage for the winter and the antifreeze is good to -55f. no problem.

I am confused. You put the cars in cold storage :dunno2 I think that it is cold enough in Alaska during the winter. Save the money on the cold storage, you don't need special storage there for that :D

Junky

Well Known Member
This car was left outside when they purchased a new ambulance. I have no idea how cold it gets in Glenallen, but it must have been cold enough to warning me about this. Either that, or they just wanted it out quickly.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Never went to Alaska, but always wanted to. I did buy a car from Alaska once, and was told that I had to have it out of Alaska by October 1st, or the engine block would freeze solid even with anti freeze in it. I managed to get it out by mid September. It was located at Copper River EMS in Glennallen, AK

What in the world did the transportation cost you to CT???????