new to this club.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just came across a 1964 SS last night that has 27,000 miles on it with a 283 and 3 on the tree. So strange seeing such a trim package with such a tiny motor and 3 speed. Has bucket seats and delete center column. Neat stuff.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Just came across a 1964 SS last night that has 27,000 miles on it with a 283 and 3 on the tree. So strange seeing such a trim package with such a tiny motor and 3 speed. Has bucket seats and delete center column. Neat stuff.
Don't think console was deleted from factory. I saw a three speed 64 with console ,but the place where shifter came out it was just no opening. There was the compartment further to front on console like any Auto or 4 speed console. I could be wrong but that is what I saw on that 64.

Last edited:

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
When searching for a 65 I looked at a 65 Impala SS 327/250 with a 3 speed column shift had a factory plate in console where shifter would normally come through. :dunno

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Don't think console was deleted from factory. I saw a three speed 64 with console ,but the place where shifter came out it was just no opening. There was the compartment further to front on console like any Auto or 4 speed console. I could be wrong but that is what I saw on that 64.
Yep, I mean the shifter hole is not there. The center console is present just no shifter down there. Neat car at Karl's Kustoms last night.

Junky

Well Known Member
What in the world did the transportation cost you to CT???????

It was $600 to move it from Glenallen AK to Bellingham Washington State. It was put into a refrigerated box trailer, and blocked with 4"x4" wood in front of the front wheels, and behind the rear wheels. Once it got to Washington, I had a friend that worked for a towing service and he had backed up the ramp truck to the trailer, and they rolled it out of the box onto the ramp truck. Then he put it on the ground, and drove it for a few weeks until I found someone to move it from WA to CT. I had the seller do the transfer of title and plates into my name in Alaska. I think that the cross country trip was about $1000 on an open car carrier. The car has about 23K on it. Started its service at a hospital in Canada, and then traded to an ambulance dealer on a new rig, and then sold in AK to Copper River EMS. Never did find out who put the Fire Department markings on it.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
My brother lives in Eagle River with his wife of 43 years. His daughter and husband and the grandkids all live nearby. Great place to do all kind of machinery things, the gun climate is very favorable, hunting and fishing and outdoor stuff are major preoccupations.Alaska would be great,I've been there, but the winters would do me in. Also, when we were up there in June of 2006,we never really did find out when it got dark. 11.00 AM looked the same as 11:00 PM. A 409 round those parts would be a rare bird,bet people love it. I did hear of a Texas used car lot back in the day that had a '62 Impala Sports Sedan(4 door hardtop-no post) with a 380 horse 3 speed on it. Bet that's rare!Also, 3 speed stick shift Super Sports were around, just not often. A customer at the Chevy dealer I worked at had a '64, 250 horse 3 27,3speed . It had the same rare console with a filler panel where the stick shift would have come through.