New Tow Vehicle !!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think I found the Blazer I`ve been looking for.
It`s a `71 , lowered, 350, 700R.
Nice shape with only a few small items to fix/correct.
Nice deal too, I can barrow the money and pay it back when my house sells.

This is one step closer to making it to KC !!!

There also is a nice `64 Impala 409 on his lot and a OK `60 6cyl.

Check out Larry`s site and scroll down to view the Blazer and Impala ,,,dq

Larry`s Hot Rods

bobs409

Administrator
I get a "page cannot be displayed." :dunno

Would love to see the Blazer. I'm into the 67-72 Chevy truck body style and owned a 69 Blazer 4X4 in the past. Now I have 2 trucks as seen in my sig file below.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
bobs409 said:
I get a "page cannot be displayed." :dunno

Would love to see the Blazer. I'm into the 67-72 Chevy truck body style and owned a 69 Blazer 4X4 in the past. Now I have 2 trucks as seen in my sig file below.

Bob, It worked for me , try it again or try this link Larrys Hot Rods \
Or try www.larryshotrods.com ,,,,,dq

If these links do not work the first timefor you re-click them and they should work,,

bobs409

Administrator
Got it now.

Hey, wouldn't you really rather have the 95 Honda Civic? That paint job is just amazing. If you drive that around, everyone will turn and look. :roll

That Blazer is really custom. Neat too. That's a nice collection of vehicles. (well, except for the bottom ones) Not alot of 2WD Blazers around so it's got to be somewhat rare. Don't you like the stepside above it? You can do more with a truck ya know. :brow

I'm with Aubrey on that 60, it's really sharp. The '65 Impala is nice too.

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That sounds like a great deal to me! Nice looking truck. Go for it! :clap NUT

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
And I sure didn`t pay the sticker price !! :clap

That Larry is a fun guy to boot !!!!

The `64 340 horse 09 is a really nice clean ride.

The step side isn`t as nice as the photos and I don`t have much use for a truck.
I`ve had vans for years because of the versatility of the dry storage areas and canopies are hard on the knees. The Blazer is kind of a cross of both ! Plus the top comes off,,,,,

I`ll be able to throw the tools and jack in the back when needed and the dogs will love it too !!

All ready running plans of what to do to it through my brain.small one but it still works sometimes ,,,,dq :doh

bobs409

Administrator
Sounds like you bought it then?

If you remove the back seat, it would be sort of Van or Truck w/camper like. (if it has a back seat)

If your looking for an awesome website to discuss these trucks (67-72), go to: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php3?f=3

It's even a vBulletin so you'll know how to work that forum with ease.

I warn you though, these trucks get into the blood so don't be surprised if you get attached! :D

Just about anything you could possibly want is available for these trucks too. (and cheaper than our X-framers)

biscayne60

cdn409biscayne60

Hi there fellow american yes i am a canadian so what ,got the same illness for the 409 motor,i have a 1960 biscayne 2 door 23,000 milles with a 6 but not 3on the tree 3 on the floor the only on i see so far like that ,last year i was luckey enough to buy a 1965 pass 409 motor and a 4 spped muncie,which i cant wait to put in that biscayne ,my car is almost done body, frame sandblast,just waiting for my holley carburetor and others perf parts for the motor to finish ,my motor is on a stand with a rad ,and i start it every morning just to hear the sound of it ,man its gone be bad, i am not a speed maniac but like like muscle power when i need it.
I ad a small problem with the seal valve ,now fix ,but was still smoking a bit ,the problem was the draft tube ,the guy at put some kind of a pc valve that was not working I replace that pc valve with a kit ,now no more smoking .
When my car is finish i will send you some pictures,you want be disappointed.
biscayne60

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bob, Thanks for the link !!

I`ve had a thing for these trucks since they were new !! Just love the body style !!!

It does have a back seat if you can call it that.

One draw back on the early Blazers is the tail gate hatch. They all seem to crack or flat out break and a good used replacement goes in the $300 range.
This one has a funky home made hatch that doesn`t seal. It`s just a piece of alum sheet with smoked plexi bolted to it with no locking mech.
Even the stock one have this canopy type latch that looks cheep and ugly!

It will do for now but I have a cool idea to replace it.

The plan is to find a newer style that has the elec window and cut and graft the `71 tail gate skin to it . That would have a cool custom clean funtional look to it.

I should be able to pick it up this weekend or first of the week. ,,,dq