New toy for the shop (hydraulic powerpack)

bobs409

Administrator
I have hydraulic pump on the brain lately so I decided to go for it! Just bought this little beauty! :love

hydraulic-driven-pump-m100-1.2_daa22d8c-3429-4a38-a628-cb42c8931e0c_2048x2048.jpg

Features & Details:

• [EFFICIENT MOTOR]- Equipped with a single-phase asynchronous motor, 750W, with aluminum shell, this electric hydraulic pump is energy efficient, powerful, and durable. Hydraulic pump working pressure: 2Mpa to 70Mpa. Rotate speed:1400r/min. Flow rate: 0.9L/min - 5L/min.
  • [LARGE CAPACITY TANK]- With a large fuel tank capacity, 8L, the hydraulic power pack is efficient. A visible window for monitoring the inside. The pump uses 16th hydraulic oil. It has the advantages of compact size, lightweight, simple structure, and ease of use.
  • [ACCURATE PRESSURE GAUGE]- This air hydraulic pump has a precise pressure gauge, resistant to shock, helping to observe the pressure when the hydraulic pump is working at any time. From 2Mpa to 70Mpa, you can try slowly and choose the right working pressure you need.
  • [EFFECTIVE OIL VOLUME]- Manage this double-acting hydraulic gear pump by a lever which has a rubber cap in one end for a comfortable grasp and use. Control two equipment at the same time, pretty efficient. The oil pipe coupling is fitted with a PT3/8” thread.
  • [VARIOUS APPLICATION]- The manual hydraulic pump can be used for a variety of hydraulic equipment, working on several assignments such as lifting, pressing, bending, straightening, cutting, assembly and disassembly. Reduce manual work and maximize work efficiency.

So you might ask, what do you want that for Bob??? :dunno2

Well, I'm glad you asked! :laugh4

Just as we all have air operated tools and sources of air in our shops and garages, I'm going a step further! I will have a source for hydraulic power. :think

My plan is that this unit will power a few items. 1) a Hossfeld (tribute) metal bender that I've been working on for a few years!) 2, my shop press that I will now upgrade to hydraulic, a hydraulic bench vice I plan on building, a hydraulic exhaust pipe expander / bender I'm thinking of making, possibly a metal guillotine cutter and whatever else I dream up later on. :p It's for the man who has everything. :D

Doubt I would ever have to but this could also be used to operate my 4 post lift IF the current unit should die. (I hardly use it so don't expect to have to) But, it would put an end to the need for 220v it needs now.

Much more to come on this venture...

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I picked up a hydraulic adjustable height table to make my new welding table. I have an air over hydraulic cylinder that might replace the current cylinder. Guy I bought it off of used it for his wood working projects. This thing is sweet! 28"-36.5"
View attachment 91416
If you want to cheap it ,no metal , just hang a fire bottles on the side!!:crazy

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:laugh2 Nope, I have a sheet of 1/4 plate coming Monday. It will get cut down to 6.5'x 4' and get mounted above the wood. I'm going to use the wood top you can see for storage. Half for a pull out storage drawer and the other half for my aluminum stock. With this thing being adjustable I can make it as high or low as I need it. Since this thing doesn't go all the way to the ground I can actually put pull out drawers under the wood shelf giving me more room for aluminum.

bobs409

Administrator
Here are some pics of the "tribute" Hossfeld bender I've been building. Made from studying pictures, video's and a few actual measured drawings found on line. These pics are from a few years ago before I got sidetracked. With the new hydraulic power pack coming, I'm back on this project full steam! I've already made a few new pieces. (not shown) Lots more tooling that I can and will make to do more things. They are an amazing tool!

These sell for many thousands of dollars! Mine will probably be under $600 including the power pack??? There's a few hundred pounds of steel sitting there. :p More to come...

DSCN7999.jpgDSCN8001.jpg

If you want to watch some video's of these benders, here's a link to many:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hossfeld+bender

bobs409

Administrator
I FINALLY got to test my new toy! The USPS is running WAY behind! I wanted to put quick connectors on so I could swap from the bender to a future shop press (and possibly other things) easily so I held off to avoid a mess with unscrewing the hoses for a test. Those connectors that were mailed out on 2/16 finally got here today 2/25. Sure glad it wasn't some life saving medicine I was waiting for! :sick2 :zombie

I also made 4 fittings myself to make it all work. Today I fired it up and it worked great! No leaks even with my own home made parts. :D

If I get a lot done on the bender tomorrow I might have some photo's of the assembled unit. I'm dying to bend something too! :p (let's hope it's not the bender that gets bent!) :roll

Stay tuned...