New Track Coming to A Place Near Me

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
TomO:

Good to hear from you! Do you realize it's been more than a decade since you came to Columbia for the break in of the stroker engine?

I know you're busy raising kids and funding for college, but at some point you'll get that W in the '63 :) :) :).

TomK

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Holy Cow time is a flying! My trip to Columbia to witness the stroker comming to life was one I have not forgotten. I pull out my W parts from time to time and rub on them. Kids are growing up - 1 at UMKC, 1 at Truman State and 2 more to go. Installed a fresh set of drag radials earlier this year so they should be PERFECT when the track opens.

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
For the historians in the group. Nov 5 2011 was the last day of competition at KCIR. The track was packed for tnt but was also the VAMP Head Up Series finally. The finals were always ran in reverse order to keep the noise down. Factory Stock finals were the last pass of competition - I was the first looser in the finals. 6760CD9C-24BC-4C76-A601-8ED1A465480A.jpeg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I drove by the old drag strip east of KC twice this last weekend and did not see any evidence of any work being done there.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I saw yesterday where the plans to open the I-70 park are running into a roadblock from some local politicians.