New Truck

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Well, I am going to look at a truck in a few days. 1965 lwb 4x4 283 4 speed. It is supposed to be in VERY good original condition. It is licensed and driving. I have to drive about 6 hours to look at it and I was told I could drive it home with no problems. I was not looking for a new truck but what the hey, the wife said I could so I might as well. I will let you know what I find out. :)

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
You don't often see a 4X4 from that era. They weren't as popular as they are these days. It'll be great if it looks as good as they described it. Good luck. :cheers

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
bummer

Well, after a 7 hour ride to see the truck it was a dough bucket. Probably mudded up about 5 to 7 years ago. I came home with nothing. 7 more hours home. Oh well, if I had never gone I would have always wondered if I had missed the boat. :(

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bummer ! I hate the "one owner, never raced,nice car/truck, runs great,solid body" , drive for seven hours to greet the liars stories.

I`m looking for a first generation 2wd Blazer and I know whats coming,,,,dq

bobs409

Administrator
DQ, I had a 69 4X4 Blazer years ago. I couldn't afford the gas anymore so I sold it. (wish I didn't!!!) I think the first year for 2 wheel drive Blazers was 1972 if memory serves me and they are a bit rare.

One nice thing about the trucks is that just about every single replacement part is available! And at the lowest costs you'll find too. For some reason, parts are cheaper for trucks.

With the old trucks, expect to put new rockers, floor supports and sometimes outer floors in them. It's a common rust out area. Not a hard job, I've done two so far.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Not a problem if I find a decent 4x4. I`ll remove the front axles and transfer case and replace the front suspension with 2wd truck stuff.
I like the early grill and dash better then the mid 70`s stuff,,,