New Vintage Super Stock Series

de31168

Well Known Member
A new 5 race series has been created to run at US41 Motorplex in Morocco, IN.

https://www.facebook.com/US-41-Motor...18401/?fref=ts
https://www.google.com/maps/place/US...febecad0906296

It will be one event per month from June to October and run in conjunction with other series such as the Chicago Wise Guys and Pro E85 classes.

Rules -
The series will use current NMCA rules.
http://www.nssracing.com/rules/nmca-rules/
The events will run on a .500 full tree. Indexes will be in .25 increments from 8.50 to 13.00. Qualifying order determined by closest ET to your index. All run field.

Cost -
A $20 entry fee to the track covers the truck and trailer and all persons inside. $50 entry fee with your tech card to enter the event. All spectator admission is $20 a car load. Bring all your friends and family! You may also participate in open time trial runs separately after being eliminated from the event, or come back up with the group and run behind the cars still in eliminations with a staggered index tree. Grudge race your friend or foe or just run extra test laps and still be able to enjoy your day even if you lost! The track is also open on Friday nights for test and tune which anyone is welcome to participate in for $20 and also able to camp overnight.

Winnings -
The purse is $1,500 which will be $1,000 to the winner and $500 to the runner up. Emerald Towing is providing $75 to the driver with the longest haul. We-Haul Inc. is providing $50 to the first perfect reaction time during eliminations at each event. Should nobody claim it, it will roll over to the next event with a possibility of being $250 by Race 5.

Points -
5 Points for entering. 2 points per round win. 10 bonus points for event win.

Championship -
Season champion will receive an embroidered jacket and trophy. The rest of the collected event money will be split among all drivers who attended each race.

Race Schedule -
All events on are Saturday with Sunday as a rain date. Should the entire weekend rain out, your purchased tech card would be valid at a future event. Gates open 8am. 2 qualifying runs between 10am-12pm. First round shortly after noon and run to completion.

Event Schedule -
June 11th
July 9th
August 13th
September 17th
October 15th

Thought I would post this as an option for midwest (or further but traveling racers) that want more places to race. It's actually almost a 50/50 split of GM and Mopar cars at the moment with a few Fords sprinkled in. A rarity when you mention Super Stock racing, which is usually 90% Mopar. All are welcome that fit the rules posted!

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Sounds like the first one will be a shake down run for Boiling Green.
Wounder if the 62 would make the cut?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
That could be a fun set of events. I suspect we could get the '62 BA409 prepared for such an event. Not the '61 Biscayne, however. Let's see who might attend :).

Cheers! TomK

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I may be able to fit one of those dates in. Shan and Dan.......post sometime later on your intentions if you would.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Reading the rules I wounder if one could still lose the back seat with out a roll bar.
I was thinking I could tune the BA 409 to run on the 12.0 then we could run on the quick end of the bracket.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm just guessing, but I doubt something so minor would be a problem. This is a new class for the track so I would bet car count is more important than a back seat.

de31168

Well Known Member
I don't forsee that being an issue. The rules are based on the inclusionary versus the exxlusionary versions of the Nostalgia Super Stock classes. Meaning Victory HAS to have 2 carbs, other series do not. We side with the lesser of the rules to allow for more cars. Aside from the very hard across the board rules of no electronics, delay boxes, trans brakes, a max tire of 10.5W, etc.. Things that you couldn't go to any NSS series and run in no matter what. Aside from that, all are welcome! It's all how well you can cut a light and run on your index anyways.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That sounds great.
I was just talking to Tom this afternoon about my hair brained idea.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I think it's a great idea James, and won't require too many mods. I guess we need to put some sort of front bumper back on, I thought it looked mean without that heavy piece. Anyone have any heavily discounted fiberglass front end parts?

TomK

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'll probably go once or maybe twice if I get past the first round the first time I go. I wouldn't be a regular though as the nss inc. deal is more my speed. It would be my only shot at winning against Seltzer & White though

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I read on a link on this thread a while back that I will need letters on my windows...don't think paint will be allowed?? Anyone know what size or direct me to the link if you would.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Shoe polish would be just fine. You probably read the permanent numbers in the NMCA rules.