New Vintage Super Stock Series

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Dave: How about another Mid-West event at Earlville next year?

Can do Joel. I was just up there a couple weeks ago doing t&t. I'm sure Reed would do pretty well what ever we want again.
It's kind of far for many guys out East though. Not sure if there is enough interest.

Last edited:

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
It's a great place to race. Super track. Put it out there & see what happens. Or see if maybe there is a another place that would be agreeable to most. Take care. Good luck racing.

Joel

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I had to look that track up.
I was thinking you had the name wrong and were talking abut Eddyville.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Can do Joel. I was just up there a couple weeks ago doing t&t. I'm sure Reed would do pretty well what ever we want again.
It's kind of far for many guys out East though. Not sure if there is enough interest.
Reed is a very nice guy. I like his name!!! Dave introduced me to Reed in 2104. Beautiful track...........great place to spend a weekend!!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It's a great place to race. Super track. Put it out there & see what happens. Or see if maybe there is a another place that would be agreeable to most. Take care. Good luck racing.

Joel

I had to look that track up.
I was thinking you had the name wrong and were talking abut Eddyville.

Reed is a very nice guy. I like his name!!! Dave introduced me to Reed in 2104. Beautiful track...........great place to spend a weekend!!!!

I don't want to muck up this thread with this stuff, so saying that, I will start a new thread about Tri. State and Eddyville early next year and check out interest. Also, Phil, I had a look at Reed's 65 Hemi Wagon, pushbutton car last month. Cool machine.

So, besides me, do I understand Ragamuffin, Ishiftem, Shan, Charlie, Hard Rock, and who else will attend in September? I WILL have bait for Charlie. Also, not sure how the Crusher will get along with Hard Rock???

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I spoke with Charlie last night and we plan on getting a few runs in Friday.

FYI two beds at the Holiday Inn Express in Kentland are $72.19 + tax with AAA discount. About 10 miles South of track.

Last edited:

de31168

Well Known Member
Unfortunately due to weather, the Saturday event has been cancelled and it will be a Sunday only race. It is forecast to rain thursday, friday, and saturday morning and the track has already cancelled the saturday part to avoid guys there pitting in the grassy areas that become flooded and the uncertainty of the length of time to dry the track. I hate it just as much as everyone else, particularly all of you that were planning on coming in from out of town. I do commend the track for stepping up and announcing this now so you all can change your plans or before you head out. Sunday is still a go, but I know Saturday was the big day that a lot of guys were planning on. Not only from this forum but also other racers from the Victory series too.

I can only apologize on behalf of the track and unfortunately you can't control the weather. We'll still be there on Sunday and would love to see anyone still able to make it.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Maybe next year. I guess i'll go to a shooting match this weekend instead.

Last edited:

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That really doesn't make sense. I can understand and appreciate canceling an event the day before because of a bad weather forecast, but over three days in advance? They are already only forecasting a slight chance of rain for Saturday and basically nothing for Friday. If parking will be too wet Saturday, it will still be too wet Sunday. I know the track is struggling with car counts this year and really need a good turn out which is what Saturday sounded like it could of been. I sincerely hope Tim reconsiders and waits till Thursday evening or so to make a final call. I have already committed to another event on Sunday.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
As far as I knew, the next race is supposed to be in October. I'm not planning on going to a race that might get canceled for no apparent reason.

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
If the weather permits I plan on going on the 15th of Oct. Will be my last race this year. Anyone else plan to attend.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Tom and I have talked about going but it looks like we will be going to Mo-Kan because it is closer.

de31168

Well Known Member
Just a few days away! The weather looks great and it should be a great event to conclude the year.. ugh. It's going to be a long 6 months til the tracks open again in April.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Tom and I will be going to are closest race at Mo-Kan this weekend.
It will be a redemption run for me I broke the center section and then went out second round.