New wheels for 55

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I'm with you Gav. Brian's definition of "little" probably isn't anywhere near what Mr. Webster had in mind when he compiled his book of definitions!

:roll:laugh:roll

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Little is relative ya know. Compared to a ricer Honda motor a 348 is huge. Compared to the engine in that ship we were talking about on here awhile back, a 540" 409 would be miniscule.

I know you've got the aluminum block build in progress.......since I love the '61 the most.....I'd love to see you put it that engine in there when it is done and you could "hand-me-down" the little 476" (?) motor to the '55. :D

Seriously though, since you already have a pair of 9 second race cars I hope you make this one a cool driver that you don't fully redo and that you take it out cruising OFTEN. Maybe a "just slow enough not to require a roll bar" car.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Little is relative ya know. Compared to a ricer Honda motor a 348 is huge. Compared to the engine in that ship we were talking about on here awhile back, a 540" 409 would be miniscule.

I know you've got the aluminum block build in progress.......since I love the '61 the most.....I'd love to see you put it that engine in there when it is done and you could "hand-me-down" the little 476" (?) motor to the '55. :D

Seriously though, since you already have a pair of 9 second race cars I hope you make this one a cool driver that you don't fully redo and that you take it out cruising OFTEN. Maybe a "just slow enough not to require a roll bar" car.
I highly doubt it will be just slow enough to not require a roll bar

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
It sounds like to me if he builds one for the street there are going to be s few cops maybe getting writers cramps. Then having to go in and get carpel tunnel surgeries over this one. Butch