New York Shaker

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Love it, especially the blue color. Is that original blue? I've never seen that shade before. I'm partial to blue, red and purple but I know they never made an Impala in purple. Wish.
G
It's painted in the original color of Monaco Blue. GM paint code No. 914. The color does change is different light. Ivy Green (908) and Monaco Blue were not very popular if you look around. At least not many that I've seen

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Really looks great Dennis. Did the boot fit ok? I didn't realize how close the air cleaner inlet is to the firewall connection. It sure lines up perfectly.
Jim,
Looks like the overall circumference is fine on the air cleaner. Could probably taper it (maybe an inch or less) on the white cowl duct. We'll see later this week. Thank you for your help on this. Really like the material.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Jim,
Looks like the overall circumference is fine on the air cleaner. Could probably taper it (maybe an inch or less) on the white cowl duct. We'll see later this week. Thank you for your help on this. Really like the material.
You can cut that piece and adjust it as necessary, then we can use it for a pattern for the final boot.