Newbee 409er hi

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Hi everybody nice site, I own a 1963 425hp 2dr post biscayne and this is a good place to be. I will try to post up some pics of my car and 409 stuff
love that people are keeping the dream alive long live the 409

Hi again Bob and son

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Welcome and glad to see another Minnesotan here.
There are a few of us here now and again, myself, Bungy,
348nut, Mr. Jimmy, and probably a few more, but that was all I could remember at the moment.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Bob and welcome to this site. Along with pics., include some basic facts such as ,,, is this a recent purchase or have you owned it for a long time. Any mods? etc. etc. Thanks

425/409ER

Well Known Member
I have owned the car since march of 1975 and bought it for $200 it came from california and he got it at an action for 15 bucks the oringinal motor went in the trash due to racing explosions but in '75 I had chevy trace the #'s and the guy said get the car it's a real 09
and both the block and car matched. Boy the dumb things we did when we are young
glad to be here.

bobs409

Administrator
Welcome Bob. (great name. :D )

Glad you found us, we're keeping the big W-alive alright. :)

Bob

425/409ER

Well Known Member
bobs409 said:
Welcome Bob. (great name. :D )

Glad you found us, we're keeping the big W-alive alright. :)

Bob

Thanks, I wanted to put that on my licence plate but mn. says no slash so I will get a custom one made since we don't need a front plate anymore on collector cars. There is no motor ever built that has the eye appeal of a W-motor :cool:
IMO

ww19581965

Well Known Member
I Want To See Biscayne Pics!!

I Can Hardly Wait To See Pics Of Your "Sleeper" Biscayne, 425/409ER!! I Love Those "Plain Jane" Post Cars!! Ragards:"ww".

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Here is a cuople of pics I have :)

Attachments

• 63 biscayne1.jpg
    63 biscayne1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 409-1.jpg
    409-1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 178

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Good looking 63.
I like the looks of the biscayne. nice and smooth no trim to interfear with clean body lines. I also like the 409 with the finned valve covers.
:clap :clap :clap

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great lookin old skool ride !! Are those edelbrock script valve covers? pic wasn't to clear on my pc. very cool :beerbang

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Nice car

Welcome to the sight................ :D

Lotsa information available here, everything you could possibly want for a 'W'

I'm presently finishing a 61 348 4 speed and when that is done there is a 63 Belair waiting for a 409/425.....4 speed.......... :love
(Check my photo gallery)

Maybe we'll meet up sometime, been out to the 'Back to the 50's and it
was a blast

bj :cheers

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Thanks for all the nice complements and the car is silver [was originally dark blue
with a fawn interior] and yes those are edelbrock valve covers my most favorite 409 part. My son gets the car when he turns 21 [14 now] he just loves the car
and then I will build a willys with a 409 becouse I have one left 340hp.

This is a great site :) 409s forever

jaws 409

Hi a member since o5 first timer on this site great site. have a question ?,does any one know if there are aftermarket main bearing caps available or if any one has a set of good used ones for 409 mine seamed to get missplaced in moving
jaws409

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome: 425/409ER nice ride:beerbang, Is the 63 together or is the pic of the 09 on the stand your extra one? A willys with a w in it now that would be different:cheers