All,

New-blood owner/enthusiast here, recently purchased an all original 4 sp, QB-coded 64 base Impala.

Retired from USAF after 20 years, and just wanted to buy myself a nice little toy. I look forward to learning and interacting with you all, just wanted to introduce myself : ).

Attachments

• imp.jpg
    imp.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome! it's a bit of a drive but were having a big 409 meet August 23-25th you could meet a bunch of us and see some badass cars, even 2 Z11s, one clone Z11 and a 62 aluminum front end car with service package.
56739386_10213403473822941_3868172448721534976_n.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've always wondered. Did the Impalas actually come with dog dish hubcaps from the factory? I only wonder because I always thought they were a low end Biscayne and Belair option only. I guess you could probably get any combination on any car including SS probably. I have heard of a 6cylinder 3spd on the tree 62 SS Impala. I know there were a few 61 2dr sedan Impala's made too. Just wondering on the Dog dish hubcaps because I have an entire wall with about 20 1964 dog dishes on it now.

bobs409

Administrator
I've always wondered. Did the Impalas actually come with dog dish hubcaps from the factory? I only wonder because I always thought they were a low end Biscayne and Belair option only. I guess you could probably get any combination on any car including SS probably. I have heard of a 6cylinder 3spd on the tree 62 SS Impala. I know there were a few 61 2dr sedan Impala's made too. Just wondering on the Dog dish hubcaps because I have an entire wall with about 20 1964 dog dishes on it now.

The way I understand it, the full size wheel covers were optional. If you didn't buy them, you got the standard dog dish caps. I don't know about the SS, it might not apply there because the wheel covers might be part of the SS package? Our panel of experts will be along shortly... :D